Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 24H LeMans 2021

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I miss Speedvision a lot. That was the only channel that successfully got anywhere near this goal. Then it became Speed and turned into a bunch of reality shows.
    Me too. I don't know if Fox bought them because there wasn't enough money in it to be viable as a standalone or if the changes Fox made killed it.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Oh, and
    Ferraris undoubtedly make good noises too, but damn there is just something about a Porsche flat 6 howl that is musical to me.

Initial qualifying is complete:

https://us.motorsport.com/lemans/new...ed-in/6650110/

Final qualifying starts today at 10 Eastern, available on MotorTrend TV:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/watc...otortrend-app/

I verified yesterday my local SlingTV subscription includes MotorTrend, so I should be all set. Race coverage starts 9AM Eastern on Saturday. Getting pumped.

Today’s hyperpole is finished, congrats to Toyota Gazoo for locking down the first two grid positions.

GTE Pro and Am are led by a pair of 911-RSRs; with Hub Racing #72 edging out the Ferrari #52 of AF Corsa in Pro, and the Dempsey-Proton #88 heading a trio of 911s for Am.

Congrats to the Corvette #64 C8R for finishing P3 in GTE Pro; well done. That is a solid effort.

My factory team had a dismal day; Kevin Estre in the #92 spun into the barrier at Dunlop, and the #91 ended up P5 on the grid. Geez. Team has a lot of work to do before Saturday.

The MotorTrend app is pretty good. I've had it for awhile, simply because it has old Top Gear UK on it.

I'm going to set my iPad up in the garage and watch while I fiddle with the car this weekend.

Looks like LeMans is starting the way Spa ended...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Wow what a wild start. No rain all week and bucketing down for the beginning of the race for a couple formation laps, then shenanigans ensued on the green. Talk about Lemans uncertainty.

It's now around 7:20PM track time, so approaching sundown, which is around 9PM this time of year. It appears that Toyota #8 shook off the early shunt and is trailing the #7 in 1-2, kinda as expected. I don't follow LMP2 but it looks like the #26 G-Drive Racing car is in 4 overall. In the Pro/Am classes, the two AF Corse Ferrari's are leading in GTE Pro, and the #33 Aston Martin Vantage factory car is up front in Am.

Oh, and: I gave up on "Lemans Radio" for in-race audio coverage. I used to listen to this channel a lot over the years. No more. It seems to be hosted by this Brit with the absolute lowest class gutter accent that is annoying AF. Not to mention, in the 30 minutes before the start, we were treated by remembering those who passed, which included (I am not making this up) memorializing those lost in the January 6th riot at the Capitol. I mean, it's a car race. WTF? I guess politics and wokeness is everwhere. Geez.

Anyway, I'm working in the house and happily switched to the official "24h Lemans App" audio feed through my iPhone; they have much, much better announcers and information.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    . I mean, it's a car race. WTF? I guess politics and wokeness is everwhere. Geez.

Anyway, I'm working in the house and happily switched to the official "24h Lemans App" audio feed through my iPhone; they have much, much better announcers and information.
    Ha ha. Wokeism at one of the most expensive sporting venues in the world. Next we know there will be kneeling at the Kentucky Derby!

This crash where the Team India hit the Richard Mille car in the middle of the track. Completely un-fucking-acceptable there were waving yellows and he drove broad side into the woman driving the Mille.

At this point there should be a penalty for Team India and I would be hopping mad about the lack of flagging. This is simply just not acceptable at any level of motorsport, but certainly not at 24Hrs.

User Tag List