Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: New House Stuff Discussion

I finally got my garage cabinets installed; I went with hobby grade New Age Bold.

Floor is builder-concrete, and needs a good cleaning since they used it as a work area, but I covered most of the worst of it with Harbor Freight Gym interlocking 2x2 foam flooring. Not bad, pretty comfy to walk on, not sure how long it will last.

I've never had slatwall, and I haven't bought any brackets or hooks just yet, but I like it.

Still some work to do to put up brackets for the ladder etc., but it's nice to be able to put stuff away after having most of my things in an apartment or small condo for a few years.

Name:  IMG_9653.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  57.0 KB

If you think you need any appliances, start shopping last month.

If you want a Bosch dishwasher, plan to wash by hand for the balance of 2021

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Google Floodlight Camera is here, but I've been up to my ears in work, travel, and making DSG run in a new shop with demands out the ass.

Current cameras are decent though, and the ecosystem works.

Hopefully we can move before Thanksgiving.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    If you think you need any appliances, start shopping last month.

If you want a Bosch dishwasher, plan to wash by hand for the balance of 2021

Yeah this is turning out to be a pain. We can’t move in until January. Shopping for couches so far the only 2 answers are “not available until Feb or later” or “available right now, you have to take the shipment in a week”.

Thus my first official home purchase was a Zanotti safe because they publicize their backlog times and anyway they will let me give them my money and then ship when I want it [emoji4]

2nd purchase is very likely to be a couple of leather couches today from Macy’s, that are supposed to arrive in February.

I finally managed to build all the new IKEA bedroom furniture I bought after the breakup in August and September. (I had new carpet installed upstairs Tuesday, and thought it best to wait.) What a pain in the ass, and complete with a two and a half hour round trip yesterday to replace a nightstand that had hidden damage. But it’s done, and it looks pretty good. It’s all Hemnes which is made out of solid softwood. The bed is a different line but is comparable, just fabric covered instead of stained.

Thanks again to @RevolverRob for the comments on Casper mattresses. I’m extremely happy with the Hybrid Original I picked up, it’s just about perfect.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

77" LG C1 OLED ordered.
    Lighting has been swapped in most rooms with regular screw in bulbs, went all LED, but all brighter LED's. The master and my wife's office have 2160 lumen Phillips bulbs that get warmer as they dim. Quick check last night and they play very well with the wall dimmer and should work great for their intended purpose. The other rooms got two 1600 lumen bulbs, along with the closets. Everything is more fluid on color from room to room and room to closet, as well as you can now see in the closets.

Next step will be my office that has 16 can lights. They've got incan bulbs now, but I'd like to swap out the entire can for an LED unit. Bulk pricing on 500-850 lumen units isn't terrible, and there are RGB color options and other things that might be pretty cool to look into. Since it will serve as an office for work work and DSG work it'll do video for both, and the latter might work with some color, so we'll dig into that once we move in.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

If you are considering a new stove and like to cook, look hard at Blue Star RCS...I cook 2-3 meals a day often from scratch and had gotten tired of running $1500 stoves into the ground in a couple of years. The blue star is made in America, electrically,it has piezo electric starters, a convection fan and a light, not even a timer /clock-the rest is simple mechanical stuff that is easy to maintain...does a decent job with a wok, takes cater size sheet pans, 6 burners...all the stuff that mattered (to me) and not a lot of "frills"
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    77" LG C1 OLED ordered.
    Lighting has been swapped in most rooms with regular screw in bulbs, went all LED, but all brighter LED's. The master and my wife's office have 2160 lumen Phillips bulbs that get warmer as they dim. Quick check last night and they play very well with the wall dimmer and should work great for their intended purpose. The other rooms got two 1600 lumen bulbs, along with the closets. Everything is more fluid on color from room to room and room to closet, as well as you can now see in the closets.

Next step will be my office that has 16 can lights. They've got incan bulbs now, but I'd like to swap out the entire can for an LED unit. Bulk pricing on 500-850 lumen units isn't terrible, and there are RGB color options and other things that might be pretty cool to look into. Since it will serve as an office for work work and DSG work it'll do video for both, and the latter might work with some color, so we'll dig into that once we move in.
    We’ve been pretty happy with our non-OLED LG.

On lighting, I picked up 8 “FEIT” electric WiFi LED bulbs at Costco. I put them in the outside lights (2 walkway and 2 garage), as well as 2 in the LR lamps and 2 in my office.

They have pretty teeny antennas, so I persuaded The Boss to let me get a Netgear MR73 Mesh with a base and 2 satellites for extended range. Programming the lights with the FEIT app is useful, I have some on a schedule. My office ones I just set to ‘daylight’. For Halloween night I set them blinking green and orange lol.

I think I’m up to 38 MAC addresses in my router table. I guess it is an IoT like they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner Precision, LLC View Post
    If you are considering a new stove and like to cook, look hard at Blue Star RCS...I cook 2-3 meals a day often from scratch and had gotten tired of running $1500 stoves into the ground in a couple of years. The blue star is made in America, electrically,it has piezo electric starters, a convection fan and a light, not even a timer /clock-the rest is simple mechanical stuff that is easy to maintain...does a decent job with a wok, takes cater size sheet pans, 6 burners...all the stuff that mattered (to me) and not a lot of "frills"

I took a look at the webpage for them. That system looks awesome! I don't have gas in my current home, but when we relocate I am going to make sure we have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner Precision, LLC View Post
    If you are considering a new stove and like to cook, look hard at Blue Star RCS...
    You've got my wife looking for when she replaces the kitchen island. There are no real close dealers.

User Tag List