Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Garand Actions in Haiti

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Looks like maintenance practices are unchanged.

Attachment 74926
    Check me if I'm wrong, but the guy closest to the camera either has his bolt locked open or he's missing the operating rod spring, which would leave the bolt flopping around in the receiver. The guy to the right of him is in worse shape. You can see into the magazine of his rifle but the operating rod is forward, which makes me think that there's no bolt at all. He also looks like he's missing most if not all of his rear sight.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Check me if I'm wrong, but the guy closest to the camera either has his bolt locked open or he's missing the operating rod spring, which would leave the bolt flopping around in the receiver. The guy to the right of him is in worse shape. You can see into the magazine of his rifle but the operating rod is forward, which makes me think that there's no bolt at all. He also looks like he's missing most if not all of his rear sight.

Okie John
    That may save the guy on the steps in front of them from getting shot in the ass....
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

User Tag List