Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RC Lictor AR Magazine Pouch

Site Supporter
    I am a kydex guy. I have been a kydex guy since the early 90's when shooting buddies brought me back "Mad Dog" kydex. I have been a kydex guy since Blade tech had the ixthus (fish) stamped on everything he sold.

I am wearing a kydex holster right now ( legacy graith/mastermind tactics).

Kydex is great right up until it cracks.

The magic of RCS is that they came to understand that and went all in on the injection molded stuff such that cracking and thereby coming out of service at the worst possible time is all but eliminated.

Please post up when you get these mag carriers in hand and have wrung them out a bit.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Admittedly painting with a broad brush:

Generally speaking the board is populated by wonderful hard working folks who are appropriately rah rah America/Capitalism/etc.

YET and STILL

Many piss and moan about an American based company who was on the ground floor of the mass market kydex/injection molded polymer holster etc.business who is charging what they think the market will bear (capitalism/profit motivation/paying American workers a reasonable wage etc.) for a product that will likely work well for an extended period of time by a company with great QC who stands behind their products to include their older .06 ish kydex offerings.

AND THEN

To add insult to injury, often buy a similar product made in the PRC and/or routinely buy goods made in the PRC when viable alternatives are available and they can afford to do so.
    In no way am I advocating for them to offshore manufacturing. It would take all of 6 weeks before someone was selling the "Braven Sealment Ligor pouch on Alibaba, 100 pcs for $20 USD" if they used a factory in China.

My critique is this: I've worked with no shortage of small businesses or entrepreneurs who were convinced their widget was a game changing market disruptor and they could charge whatever they wanted. At best it's only ever temporary.

What's the secret sauce of the product? In this specific case it's analogous to a plastic cup with a belt loop and some screws. Is it protected by IP? Do they have some trade secret that keeps competitors from duplicating the product or even improving on it? I'm not seeing it.

This type of hubris creates the perfect opportunity for a competitor to create the same or better widget and sell it for half the price. It's also one of the (many) things that makes US business less competitive in the long run.

But hey, good for them if they can sell it for $40. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I honestly think a big part of this is the idolatry within the firearms industry, and people from various agencies or companies wanting to suck dick just so they can say, "Oh yeah bro, I know XYZ. He's good people!" as they whip out of selfie of them with XYZ at some product launch or SHOT Show.

It's fucking nauseating. I could give a shit about whatever bullshit pecking order these ass-munchers have.

So, when you've got people from various gov't agencies and private sector companies tripping over themselves to associate themselves with you/your brand, you get to charge whatever you want.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Putting things in perspective, we're talking about a price difference of $10 or $20. That's peasant money. Could we maybe NOT cancel culture yet another quality, American-made manufacturer that actually makes decent products?

What makes US businesses less competitive in the long run is shitty consumers with poor standards that buy trash products and encourage a race to the bottom in the market.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Putting things in perspective, we're talking about a price difference of $10 or $20. That's peasant money. Could we maybe NOT cancel culture yet another quality, American-made manufacturer that actually makes decent products?

What makes US businesses less competitive in the long run is shitty consumers with poor standards that buy trash products and encourage a race to the bottom in the market.
    Who's calling to cancel Raven?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Who's calling to cancel Raven?
    No one per-se, but people seemed a bit riled up. I get it, but I just wanted to put things in perspective. A $10 or $20 difference is just not a big deal for people to get all bent out of shape over. That's just my opinion.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    No one per-se, but people seemed a bit riled up. I get it, but I just wanted to put things in perspective. A $10 or $20 difference is just not a big deal for people to get all bent out of shape over. That's just my opinion.
    The riled up person wasn't one of the guys questioning the price.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Having priced things out, amortized them over a variety of years, and used a variety of standards from other industries, $40 is more or less the right price. I think where things differ is that other companies seek to stray from those same standards in order to make a sale. Often times this can be done because they simply don't distribute and are the sole source. That's neither good or bad, it just is what it is. What I do know is that RCS will still be around in 10 years.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

What are the competitive products to this one, how do they compare, and how are they priced?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Not Kydex

https://www.thewilderness.com/magazi...223-mag-pouch/

I do not know where it it is made. Low profile, quiet. Tight grip.

User Tag List