Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: RC Lictor AR Magazine Pouch

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I am a kydex guy. I have been a kydex guy since the early 90's when shooting buddies brought me back "Mad Dog" kydex. I have been a kydex guy since Blade tech had the ixthus (fish) stamped on everything he sold.

I am wearing a kydex holster right now ( legacy graith/mastermind tactics).

Kydex is great right up until it cracks.

The magic of RCS is that they came to understand that and went all in on the injection molded stuff such that cracking and thereby coming out of service at the worst possible time is all but eliminated.

Please post up when you get these mag carriers in hand and have wrung them out a bit.
    This is why I pretty much buy everything from them now but if companies like Tenicor and PHLster changed to injection-molded goods I'd buy alot more from them. Bonus points are you can leave them in your car as spares or secondary carry options to repurpose your gear for the environment you find yourself in. I'd never dream of leaving kydex in a hot car in FL without fear or it being destroyed rather abrubptly.

I just DON'T care for kydex, I've always had a distaste for the touch/feel of PVC and kydex is very similar chemically and there's just always been something offputting about kydex because of that. I get that it's easy for anyone to start molding but that doesn't make it the most suitable material. I think this is especially true for knife sheaths where strength is a real concern to me, case in point Abe and Moe's sheath. https://abeandmoe.com/sheath-of-the-future.html

Name:  sotf-06.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  31.4 KB

But look at that price, lol. Ideal but certainly not practical or easily done for any given knife but kydex sure scores points there if nothing else.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I know this started as an AR mag pouch thread, but has anybody tried the Lictor G9 pistol mag pouches?

https://rcsgear.com/lictor-g9-pistol-magazine-carrier
    I also have the pistol mag pouches and they are working out great. I purchased them based off of my experience with the AR magazine pouch. I use them when I am on my ATV is the desert and they have held up great so far. I don't have a ton of time on them, but the pouch is comfortable, the magazines are secure, and they are also easy to extract.

I know they cost more than the run-of-mill Amazon kydex mag pouches, but I don't mind paying a bit more for quality.

You guys are all talking about a $40 mag pouch but the link shows a price of $49.99. Glad I don't need another one!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    You guys are all talking about a $40 mag pouch but the link shows a price of $49.99. Glad I don't need another one!
    Create an account there and put them in your cart and wait. You'll get an email with 20% off coupon, bingo, boingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Things are more expensive in the summer of 2022 than they were in the summer of 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Things are more expensive in the summer of 2022 than they were in the summer of 2021.
    Thanks for letting me down easy. Some days I'm a little slow and others its even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Probably the closest piece of gear I've seen are the G-code pouches and also this one from FAB:

https://www.fab-defense.com/en/categ...ine-pouch.html

It seems to sell for $18-25 across the web. Amazon actually has it for $18 with Prime which is a tempting buy.
    I snagged one of these for $22 shipped after reading positive reviews on it - likely made in Israel based on a cursory search.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List