Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For when a plant laughs at RoundUp

For when a plant laughs at RoundUp

In my case, the hated Smilax/greenbrier climbing weed that spreads everywhere and turns into thickets. 2, 4-D Crossbow herbicide works. I hate greenbrier. It's impossible to wipe out without Crossbow. Crossbow also fucks up poison ivy/oak/sumac.
    #RESIST

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I tried RU a couple years ago. Killed weeds, but they soon came back bigger, greener and more vigorous than they'd ever been before. Meanwhile, hitting a few spots around the edges of my lawn where the weeds were dominating ended up taking out half the grass in the lawn for the whole year.

Never again with that crap.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I tried RU a couple years ago. Killed weeds, but they soon came back bigger, greener and more vigorous than they'd ever been before. Meanwhile, hitting a few spots around the edges of my lawn where the weeds were dominating ended up taking out half the grass in the lawn for the whole year.

Never again with that crap.
    The weeds you sprayed died. Glyphosate only works on leafy plants, so what popped up was an inevitable crop of new plants.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Propane torch. Kills the plant, kills seeds on the ground, and usually damages the root system badly enough they don't come back for quite awhile.

Down side: It's kind of heavy to drag around, and of course you can't use it near things that you don't want to get really hot/on fire. I burn my chain link fence property line but not the privacy fence line for the obvious reasons.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Propane torch.
    Down side: It's kind of heavy to drag around.
    I bought an el cheapo dolly at the farm store and bungied the propane tank to it. Makes the whole rig much more portable.

Propane torch. Kills the plant, kills seeds on the ground, and usually damages the root system badly enough they don't come back for quite awhile.

Down side: It's kind of heavy to drag around, and of course you can't use it near things that you don't want to get really hot/on fire. I burn my chain link fence property line but not the privacy fence line for the obvious reasons.
    Got one. Greenbrier comes back from that. I do love my propane torch, though. The local yellowjackets aren’t fans however.
    #RESIST

LL - have you tried brush killer?
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Got one. Greenbrier comes back from that. I do love my propane torch, though. The local yellowjackets aren’t fans however.
    The only logical next step is to raise goats.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Have you tried diesel?
    I used RU to kill some type of violet. The local shop told me it wouldnt work but repeated applications during one summer did kill them. So maybe the answer if to mix it strong and spray every few weeks till its dead. I dont know anything about that particular plant. Can you get to the point where it comes out of the ground and dig it up? I did that with a yard that was almost completely overgrown with honey suckle.
    Last edited by UNK; 07-09-2021 at 08:29 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter

Fire and salt kills all. Just be careful

User Tag List