Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surefire 6P upgrades in 2021

Site Supporter
    A blessing that NH posted up!

The Malkoff 6p drop in rated at 450 lumens. I am sure that is a conservative rating. The drop in is 45-55 shipped. What you are really buying with Malkoff is QC and reliability v. max lumens.

Surefire makes a G2 600 lumen flashlight at 75 ish

Surefire makes a G2 800 lumen flashlight at 110 ish

Malkoff makes that 740 lumen light at 155 retail but id you given them an email, you can usually get a 20% off coupon.

When you look at the Lumens Factory Drop in v. the Malkoffs, there is simply no comparison in quality.

From the Lumens Factory Website:
    "Precision designed and engineered in Hong Kong, our products are assembled at Lumens Factory’s facilities complying with the highest quality standards."

That strikes me as marketing speak for-Designed in HK, manufactured in the PRC.

If this is a plinker, buy what you want. If you are going to bet your life on the gun, I am not sure you can get there from here absent spending more money than initially intended.
    I suspect that you could sell the Surefires you have to take the edge off new purchases.

Let us know what you do and why you do it.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Call Malkoff....Gene or his wife usually answer

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Call Malkoff....Gene or his wife usually answer
    Cathy. She's a gem.

Hopefully, Todd is still there as well, but I haven't called in a while.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Cool carrier, who made it?
    https://kytexgear.com/product/duty-s...ht-nightstick/

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    One can have 6P bodies bored out for 18650s.
    Interesting, I didn’t know that was possible. Who’s the go to for such a thing?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I am not sure you can get there from here absent spending more money than initially intended.
    That does seem like it might the case. Well, actually, the initial plan was to get a Surefire, but the funds for this project got severely reduced due to life things. Which caused me to investigate whether there are more low budget alternatives that make sense.

Is there a reason why a handheld Streamlight HL-X could not be used as a WML? Those are available at this time for me for a whole lot less (well, via Amazon, so there's that...) than the weapon light version. I realize the handheld light wouldn't get me the remote pad - which I'm suspicious of, having read about potential issues with it, and I've managed so far without one - nor the weapon mount - which as a lefty doesn't really fit on my gun anyway, and I can just use the existing scope ring mount my current light sits in. Gives out much more throw, too, than the Surefires, at least according to published candela ratings. Would still take this project into triple digits cost-wise, but the price would still be lower enough compared to a Surefire and the output upgrade significant enough to make sense. But...?
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Site Supporter
    102ish max
    the light, mounts, tape switch, rechargeable batt etc.
    https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-8...6789023&sr=8-1

86ish
    no rail mount or tape switch, just the light/rechargeable battery
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079DDC5C6...ing=UTF8&psc=1

THESE would be a hard pass for me because it is made in the PRC. I recognize that they will likely be a quality product and likely exceed the intersection of quality/value. Streamlight stands behind their products quite well.

A video discussing the light and making some comparisons to SF and other SL products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycZEJAFWRU8
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

You're quoting US prices. Doesn't quite work out like that when buying to an overseas location. The handheld was, with shipping, about a $100 when I looked at it with a promise of no extra import fees, whereas the WML version was $125, plus $40 for shipping, and no mention of import fees so the light would have to go through customs and that'll add at least roughly 25% to the price, possibly more than that. So a bit of a difference there.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    THESE would be a hard pass for me because it is made in the PRC. I recognize that they will likely be a quality product and likely exceed the intersection of quality/value. Streamlight stands behind their products quite well.
    So I've been searching for opinions on this light and it seems quite well liked overall, except for those who's light has developed a flicker or, as in the case of at least one P-F member, the light just suddenly dies. This hasn't increased my trust in said light... Kind of hard to predict how likely I am to develop issues with it is - my round count is pathetic compared to most (I'll be shooting my 500th live round with my AR for this year on Friday), on the other hand we do get weather that can be hard on electronics. So, I'm hesitant. Also annoyed since this all feels like 2017 all over again. :P

Eh, maybe I'll keep the current light - and then make another stupid thread about WML's in a year or two. We'll see.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

User Tag List