Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: German-made SIG 2022's w/French markings

The 2022 is about the only Sig I’d even think about buying. But that’s stupid expensive.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

If anybody finds them around $650 with French Markings I am game!

Inflationary price aside, those are nice pistols. The French liked them enough to re-up on their order around 2 or 3 years ago with another 580. I think the contract price for the full kit was around 430€ per unit.

Site Supporter
    My dad bought a 2340 way back when...it was an outstanding pistol actually.

I should buy a 2022...at the LGS maybe...definitely not for 1,000 bucks though.

Site Supporter
    The 2022 I had was a very good pistol. I could not stop riding the slide release, though, and that bugged me. And the pinches I got doing reloads made me decide that it wasn’t where I wanted to be for my pistol, so I sent it down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    The 2022 I had was a very good pistol. I could not stop riding the slide release, though, and that bugged me. And the pinches I got doing reloads made me decide that it wasn’t where I wanted to be for my pistol, so I sent it down the road.
    I didn't have much of an issue with the slide stop (prior Sig experience), but: if you have XL-sized hands, good luck finding the large grip module for it...shooting it for me was like trying to squeeze a tic-tac between my index finger and my palm with the factory (medium) backstrap. Admittedly the one that I had also had the Sig "thin" trigger in it, so it was really set up for people with smallish hands..I just couldn't find the parts to make it more appropriately sized for me. This was 2018-ish I think; tried it for a few months and moved it on. I doubt the parts situation has improved with them..

It's a shame too, because that's one Sig that I really actually liked. Just about the perfect size, the trigger was actually really good out of the box, good capacity, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    I didn't have much of an issue with the slide stop (prior Sig experience), but: if you have XL-sized hands, good luck finding the large grip module for it...shooting it for me was like trying to squeeze a tic-tac between my index finger and my palm with the factory (medium) backstrap. Admittedly the one that I had also had the Sig "thin" trigger in it, so it was really set up for people with smallish hands..I just couldn't find the parts to make it more appropriately sized for me. This was 2018-ish I think; tried it for a few months and moved it on. I doubt the parts situation has improved with them..

It's a shame too, because that's one Sig that I really actually liked. Just about the perfect size, the trigger was actually really good out of the box, good capacity, etc.
    The parts situation definitely hasn't improved with them. Of the grip modules, I'd actually say the size Small is the hardest to find, though the size Large isn't exactly easy either. Short triggers are also pretty hard to find. Other than that some of the typical wear items like springs aren't too terribly hard to find, for now at least. You can even find the occasional spare hammer pack. I'd definitely stock up on some of the wear items for anyone that plans on keeping theirs forever, because the situation certainly won't improve.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Did they have to etch “Legacy Sports International” on the frame? Is that requirement for importation?

‘Cause it sort of detracts from the French markings.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Did they have to etch “Legacy Sports International” on the frame? Is that requirement for importation?

‘Cause it sort of detracts from the French markings.
    Imported guns have been required to be marked with the name city and state of the importer since the gun control act of 1968.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    They're well constructed and I would probably still own the two I had if I also didn't get pinched all the time. If the grip were as long as a P226 it would be perfect for me. Bruce Gray said they "shoot like little rifles" and did or still does carry one himself. I believe it, I've seen him shoot incredibly small groups off-hand.

User Tag List