Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: sig 365 manual safety question

Ok: So just got a phone call from Sigsauerparts (great guys and highly recommend them) and a sig sauer tech. They watched the video I sent them and have never heard of this issue or seen it before (lucky me). We talked about what was going on and here are their thoughts:

With the things I have elimated by trying multiple fcus, slides, and modules they believe that a spring isn't keeping tension the way it should and it is allowing the manual safety to slip sometimes but not always. They said if anything were broken, which they said they rarely see in 365 fcus, it would do the issue constantly. So they are looking at pictures now of my fcu and manual safety.

my thoughts:
    1) I either messed up the install, which they even said seems unlikely.
    2) The spring/detent in the manual safety is not keeping constant pressure and allowing the disconnector to do something it shouldn't be.

I will update the thread again when I have more info. Great service from Sigsauerparts and Sig, talked to me with a lot of respect and I could tell they were glad it was someone on the other end with technical knowledge who could help figure this out. Guess I am just lucky duck and discovered a problem Sig has never seen before

Soooo drama continues with the manual safeties and my fcus. Apparently it isn't the manual safety kit. Got a second one in the mail from a different distributor. Same issue. So, its the fcu's. All purchased from the same place and all in the same serial number range. Not sure what the deal is but I should have an answer soon via sig, even though I had a lack luster response from customer response saying I could just carry them without a safety.. I reached back out to sigsauerparts and my contact there is reaching out to someone to get my a RMA.

I know this is extremely unlikely…

But are you positively, absolutely sure you installed it correctly?

I’ve installed 5 of them without any issues on FCU from generations from the very first batch to a recent one.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I know this is extremely unlikely…

But are you positively, absolutely sure you installed it correctly?

I’ve installed 5 of them without any issues on FCU from generations from the very first batch to a recent one.
    Followed three different videos. I'm not entirely sure how I could of done it wrong. Do you have a link to one that shows it exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Followed three different videos. I'm not entirely sure how I could of done it wrong. Do you have a link to one that shows it exactly?
    Sig Guy has a great video here.

Very strange problem. Only other thing I could think of is if the safety detent cutouts on the FCU could be out of spec?

update, consensus is I more than likely did it wrong. I am not sure how but I am having a sig armorer look at it and show me. Might just a small thing I am not aligning correctly and allowing it to slip. All I can do is laugh at myself

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    update, consensus is I more than likely did it wrong. I am not sure how but I am having a sig armorer look at it and show me. Might just a small thing I am not aligning correctly and allowing it to slip. All I can do is laugh at myself
    Did you figure this out?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Did you figure this out?
    hey, they basically said I installed it wrong and it wouldn't matter anyway. I gave up and stuck with my glocks.

User Tag List