Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sig 365 manual safety question

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Yeah, I was just spitballing and wondering if maybe there was enough vertical or up an down play in the trigger control module to effect the function of the safety. I haven’t heard of that yet, but I remember that @RJ had some play in his pistol so it was a starting point.

Iirc @lwt16 has been to sig armorers school. Maybe he has a better idea.
    Only been to two P320 classes so I can’t offer any advice on the 365. Hopefully I can attend a 365 class in 2022.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Dry firing my sig 365x today with boresight grip module and manual safety, I noticed that sometimes after dry firing the trigger I can rengage the manual safety. sometimes after pressing the trigger I cant.. This seems strange to me since the trigger presses arent different.

On the times where I dry fire the trigger and can rengage the safety without running the slide, the safety being engaged doesn't allow the slide to move at all. I am guessing this is because the safety engaged lifts the tab that blocks the sear.

Any insight would be helpful, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Not a clue. I have a second one, w/o the manual safety. In fact, I had the first one (no MS) cut for a red dot, and switched frames (the second one had the MS), so the red dot-equipped gun has the MS. As far as I can tell, there's no difference in the slides, and the MS works the same, and consistently, with both slides.

Sorry I can't help.
    I checked mine and like @flyrodr I cannot flip the safety up if the trigger is dead.

Taking the slide off it seems like your issue might be in the striker engagement or the safety plunger.

I would take the slide completely apart and add back the parts one by one and see if you can get consistency because something doesn’t seem right currently.

If that doesn’t work then you might have to take your FCU apart. Did you do a trigger replacement or anything with the FCU so far?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I checked mine and like @flyrodr I cannot flip the safety up if the trigger is dead.

Taking the slide off it seems like your issue might be in the striker engagement or the safety plunger.

I would take the slide completely apart and add back the parts one by one and see if you can get consistency because something doesn’t seem right currently.

If that doesn’t work then you might have to take your FCU apart. Did you do a trigger replacement or anything with the FCU so far?
    nope, completely left alone besdies adding the safety, new grip module, and a 507k.

nope, completely left alone besdies adding the safety, new grip module, and a 507k.
    Same issue with the OEM grip module?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Same issue with the OEM grip module?
    original is non TS. So I can't test it with the safety. I do have another 365x i can put it in and see if I get the same result.

Yeah, I’d take the striker and plunger out and give them a close look. Reinstall and then try again.

I tested my manual safety in a boresight grip. If there isn’t play, it’s probably not the issue?

I tested my manual safety in a boresight grip. If there isn’t play, it’s probably not the issue?
    I dont think it is either. can you post a picture of your safety installed? Pulled striker and checked plunger.. Nothing I can see or notice.

I dont think it is either. can you post a picture of your safety installed? Pulled striker and checked plunger.. Nothing I can see or notice.
    What kind of picture are you looking for?

Did you try recreating the problem after reinstalling the striker?

What kind of picture are you looking for?

Did you try recreating the problem after reinstalling the striker?
    so i should trouble shoot it was the plunger and struker out?

User Tag List