Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sig 365 manual safety question

sig 365 manual safety question

Dry firing my sig 365x today with boresight grip module and manual safety, I noticed that sometimes after dry firing the trigger I can rengage the manual safety. sometimes after pressing the trigger I cant.. This seems strange to me since the trigger presses arent different.

On the times where I dry fire the trigger and can rengage the safety without running the slide, the safety being engaged doesn't allow the slide to move at all. I am guessing this is because the safety engaged lifts the tab that blocks the sear.

Any insight would be helpful, thanks.

On my 365, the manual safety cannot be engaged unless the slide is cycled after firing.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    On my 365, the manual safety cannot be engaged unless the slide is cycled after firing.
    Any idea why mine is hit or miss?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Any idea why mine is hit or miss?
    Not a clue. I have a second one, w/o the manual safety. In fact, I had the first one (no MS) cut for a red dot, and switched frames (the second one had the MS), so the red dot-equipped gun has the MS. As far as I can tell, there's no difference in the slides, and the MS works the same, and consistently, with both slides.

Sorry I can't help.

Site Supporter
    If you take off the slide is there any play between the trigger assembly and grip modul/frame?
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    If you take off the slide is there any play between the trigger assembly and grip modul/frame?
    if im checking what youre saying, the trigger fit is solid and i dont see any play. maybe im not checking it correctly?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    if im checking what youre saying, the trigger fit is solid and i dont see any play. maybe im not checking it correctly?
    Yeah, I was just spitballing and wondering if maybe there was enough vertical or up an down play in the trigger control module to effect the function of the safety. I haven’t heard of that yet, but I remember that @RJ had some play in his pistol so it was a starting point.

Iirc @lwt16 has been to sig armorers school. Maybe he has a better idea.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

It will be interesting to learn what the issue is — I have yet to encounter a well executed thumb safety on a striker pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I dunno. Mine was a no TS 365XL, as was my wife’s 365. No longer have either one.

The problem I had on the XL was a slight (0.100”) amount of movement of the FCU witchin the grip module during dry practice. The 365 didn’t. Based on how often this pops up over at Sig Talk (often), it seems to be some kind of feature of the FCU design. It never affected live fire, however,

Sorry could not help more.

ok so here is the complete run down. I am pretty handy when it comes to pistols and ive spent atleast 3 hours messing with it.

Pistol: Brand new Sig 365x (smaller optic ready slide).

Module: Boresight Solutions Manual safety module
    Safety: Sig 365 manual safety conversion kit bought from sigparts, all genuine sig parts.
    Installation done after watching several videos and following instructions from gray guns website. Installation is straight forward and only appears to be one way it can be done.

I have reinstalled the safety about 4 times now being very meticulous about how it goes in, orientation of the spring, and detent. Does not "seem" to be the installation.

I also pulled the striker out and cleaned the channel and striker incase it was too dirty or saturated in oil to freely move..

None of this has fixed it. I am pretty confused, maybe I got a faulty kit or the spring is worn in the kit and its allowing movement of the safety with the striker dropped but idk. I am also wondering if the straight sig trigger reacts differently then the original curved trigger in the sig 365. All of this is spit balling. It works perfectly when doing a function check. Safety on, trigger stops and is blocked by the safety. Safety off, trigger fuctions, reset works, and safety back on blocks the trigger.

User Tag List