Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Glockworx G20SF USPSA Limited Build

Very nice pistol, MEAT.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I shot a half dozen various loads thru the G20, when I was doing the initial shooting to assess reliability after getting it. For the last few years, I have settled on the Barnes 155 JHP in either DT or Corbon, as my soft point, and the DT 200 FMJ penetrator load as my woods load. Those loads run in every 29 and 20 we have. I wish there was a HST or Ranger soft point for the 10mm.
    The 200gr WFNGC is a MUCH better woods load than a 200gr FMJ. The FMJ TC profile will just slip through, and not cause significant damage in its path. Plus they tend to deflect when they hit bone. The wide nose of the 200gr WFNGC hits like a freight train, and creates a NASTY wound channel. It chomps through bone like a cookie cutter, and will make a larger permanent & temporary wound cavity. That's why most 44mag/45LC/454C guys load that type of bullet for bear defense. Even if you're worried about lead in a factory Glock barrel, which you shouldn't be, you won't shoot enough of them to lead up a barrel before cleaning. I shot 50rds of DT's 200gr WFNGC through a stock G20SF, and had no leading or any other issues. That 155gr Barnes bullet does make an excellent carry load, although I prefer the 175gr Silver Tip & Underwood's Delta Elite 180gr Gold Dot load (1240fps).

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Very nice pistol, MEAT.
    Thanks Fred, I couldn't be happier with it!

<edited by ToddG>

see: http://pistol-forum.com/misc.php?do=showrules

V. Profanity

In order to keep PFC a professional and orderly forum, please limit obscene and vulgar language as much as possible. If a staff member feels the content of your post is unnecessarily vulgar, it may be edited without notice.
    Last edited by ToddG; 07-26-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    Blue Bullets Team dude

Quote Originally Posted by theblacknight View Post
    Do I want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by MEAT View Post
    Do I want to know?
    lol maybe you did because he was probably gaga over that pistol.

Mr MEAT that has to be the most wicked Glock setup I've ever seen. Phenomenal. If you were to have any videos of running that gun fast that would be insane fun to see.

I've been reading fast to catch up - Are you primarily shooting .40 through it? I know .40 will run through a 10mm barrel - pretty well from the little bit of it I did with a G20 I used to have.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I know .40 will run through a 10mm barrel - pretty well from the little bit of it I did with a G20 I used to have.
    Not at all a good idea. Running a 35k psi round headspacing off the extractor claw is just asking to grenade your pistol*... (Or for exotic malfs if the striker manages to kick it forward out from under the claw without busting the cap.)

There are aftermarket .40 bbls for the large-frame Glocks anyway, although I have had a handful feeding issues with .40 out of G20/29 mags, notable mostly because the guns were otherwise as close to 100% as makes no nevermind...

Sincerely,
    A Recovering 10mm Fangirl

*Okay, maybe "grenade your pistol" is a little strong, but a massive case head failure from a completely unsupported cartridge will certainly vomit the magazine contents at your feet and tattoo your trigger finger plenty good.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by MEAT View Post
    Do I want to know?
    Nothing at all negative about you or the gun (or anything else).

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Mr MEAT that has to be the most wicked Glock setup I've ever seen. Phenomenal. If you were to have any videos of running that gun fast that would be insane fun to see.
    It does make you just want a big 'ol pistol doesn't it? Even though I'd have no use for it except to allay my irrational fear of Bigfoot the rare times I'm out in the woods.
    Very nice shooter MEAT.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    It does make you just want a big 'ol pistol doesn't it? Even though I'd have no use for it except to allay my irrational fear of Bigfoot the rare times I'm out in the woods.
    Very nice shooter MEAT.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    It does; esp a 10mm. I've got a very nice RTF2 G21SF but the Gen 4 G20 sounds like a winner too.

Tamara - I'm sure you're right about that! (.40/10mm).
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List