Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Competition Sights

Help with Competition Sights

Ive been bouncing around for awhile on which sights i want to put on my M&P 9 fs for competition (uspsa/idpa) and im a little overwhelmed with all the options. Maybe some of you competition gurus can help me narrow it down.

At first i was looking at the ameriglo pro because my match gun is also my nightstand gun with a tlr3 on it. But ive steered away from them for various reasons and now im more interested in competition sights which i think will serve me just fine for a multi-purpose weapon.

Heres my current train of thought...

-Fiber front, black rear, serrations optional.

-Similar rear notch to front width ratio as my stock sights (0.140 notch, 0.130 front width) slighty larger light gaps would be acceptable.

-Same poa/poi as current sights, so ideally i want the same heightsas factory on both front and rear. Front is 0.160 but not sure about rear. I just know its slightly taller.

Im looking at 10-8, Warren Sevigny and Dawson Precision.

Im leaning towards the sevigny rear with dawson or 10-8 front. I like the profile of that rear but its wider and the warren front is so narrow i think id struggle to get used to it.

Any thoughts, warnings, personal experiences etc are welcomed. Thanks.

I'd go with the Dawson .100 wide fiber optic X .160 tall front with the Warren rear sight. You can buy both from www.dawsonprecision.com I run the Warren front and rear on my M&P but I have a .100 Dawson on my XDM 5.25...I prefer the .100; I feel accurate faster with the thinner blade. If your running a wml your sights are going to look black anyway so I wouldn't go tritium. Good luck.

Thanks for your input. So youre using the unique shaped warren rear with the U notch? Ive never used anything with a U so i wasnt sure if Id like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by sheperd80 View Post
    Thanks for your input. So youre using the unique shaped warren rear with the U notch? Ive never used anything with a U so i wasnt sure if Id like it or not.
    http://www.dawsonprecision.com/Produ...A3C-1245264119 These are the ones I have. The rear does not have a u shape or anything like that. It's just a standard notch.

I think the Warren sights are the best competition sights on the market right now. I'd say that 10-8 is second place...unless you like a u-notch in which case get the 10-8.

It seems that the warren sevignys, and a combo of warren/dawson is most popular. All i have to go on is opinions and descriptions. I think the warren sevigny sound best for me. Ill be ordering them soon. Thanks for all your help everyone.

I have a Sevigny Competition rear/DP front on my G20SF Limited gun & Sevigny Carry's on my GEN 4 G17 Production Gun. I prefer plain black sights, and the .150" rear notch/.115" front sight combo is the perfect balance of speed and precision for me. If you buy a combo with a DP front sight, you can exchange it of you don't like the POA/POI, they have great CS.

I am using the Ameriglo HACK setup on my M&P9fs I shoot for IDPA. I too wanted something that was dual purpose as I didn't want a "competition only" gun. I find these as easy/fast to pick up and get on target as anything else.

I forgot to add that ALL my guns are Glocks, and ALL my Glocks have plain black Sevigny's on them. I like having only one system, and having all the sights the same (even on my competition guns). Every gun I own looks, feels, shoots & operates the same way. It's boring, but it keeps me happy.

Here's what a plain black Sevigny Sight picture looks like:

User Tag List