Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Compensators and ports are good ideas they said, trust me they said….

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    It's kind of a pet theory/idea of mine that the impressive muzzle blast is the reason the .357 magnum performs better in real life results then the on paper numbers would seem to indicate. So, you know, maybe it's a feature and not a bug.
    I've wondered about the same however having those "fireworks" happen while I'm shooting from retention, is not something I'd be happy about.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I've wondered about the same however having those "fireworks" happen while I'm shooting from retention, is not something I'd be happy about.
    Do it more and it's less of an issue

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Seriously all will be okay. I carried a Gen 3 19C as a duty gun for a while and it was very controllable with 127 +P+ and later 115 +P+.
    One old my bosses ordered some Cs in 9 and 45. I carried a 17C for a number of years. I never saw sparks like that. There was solid flash from the ports but it never interfered with sighting. I never had any issues with retention but I liked to twist my wrist so the ports were angled from me when I shot.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

@JCN ammo used?
    Taking a break from social media.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I only have a comp on one gun and not in a rush to buy a bunch more. That said, when you load up 9mm hot enough to actually run the compensator, it makes a pretty noticeable difference. Feels like the gun almost returns automatically to index.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I only have a comp on one gun and not in a rush to buy a bunch more. That said, when you load up 9mm hot enough to actually run the compensator, it makes a pretty noticeable difference. Feels like the gun almost returns automatically to index.
    This, it is hard for those who have not shot one to understand it. Once they do you get to see that smile come out when they are done. When I first qualified with mine the RangeMaster thought it was a gimmick, then he shot it. He could not believe how much it reduced the muzzle climb.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I’d be more worried about the ammo being used. Here are a couple of mine in action. A G20C and a G32C.
    The flash is so quick you can only get 1 full frame when videoing at 240fps. That’s .0041 seconds. Not blinding as some would lead you to believe. The G32C is shooting Factory Gold Dot ammo which has some flash suppression. The G20C is hand loaded with powder known to produce a flash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    It's kind of a pet theory/idea of mine that the impressive muzzle blast is the reason the .357 magnum performs better in real life results then the on paper numbers would seem to indicate. So, you know, maybe it's a feature and not a bug.
    It's probably from a past post of yours I read this theory. Does anyone make a "super-flash" 9mm JHP round?
    --Jason--

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    It's probably from a past post of yours I read this theory. Does anyone make a "super-flash" 9mm JHP round?
    I think Nyeti/DaggaBoy has also expressed the idea, but I may be misremembering.

On the ammo, nothing comes to mind other than "Hollywood blanks".
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I remember being rather impressed by the flash from a Glock 18 at full auto, but it's a very fleeting experience, even with a 30 rnd mag.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List