Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling the P-F docs please

Calling the P-F docs please

Name:  09C7C310-F378-4BF1-A0E1-87EEC5D8C6BD.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  34.5 KB

I found this on my kids arm. I’m thinking it looks like the bullseye rash of Lyme disease. Neither me or my wife have pulled any ticks off of her. We are planning to take her to the pediatrician tomorrow to get it checked out. Am I being a nervous nelly or does it really look like the telltale sign of Lyme?

Thanks in advance. Again, we are getting her checked tomorrow.

Not a doc but have dealt with ticks and Lyme disease. That looks like a textbook example of what we were told was a concern needing a doctor to see/treat. There are other things caused by tick bites that need a professional to address. The one here is STARI.

Getting her to the doc is a good idea. If an urgent care is open, it may be worth the trip.
    Last edited by farscott; 07-05-2021 at 07:14 PM.

My kid, we would be opening the MD's office.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    You're making the right call by getting to the doctors office. I am a RN, not a doctor but I'd be doing the same as you.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    @Jared - Something like that doesn't require a pediatrician to treat. I'd take her to an urgent care place and follow up with the pediatrician if necessary. I'm not a doc.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @Jared - Something like that doesn't require a pediatrician to treat. I'd take her to an urgent care place and follow up with the pediatrician if necessary. I'm not a doc.
    Urgent care (place is actually called Convenient Care here) is also on the table. Either way, we are gonna get her looked at tomorrow.

I don’t normally get too nervous over such things, but this one caught my eye and I had to force myself to stay calm so I didn’t freak the kid out. Wife took a couple of pics for documentation.

I don’t know much about Lyme. I have heard of the bullseye rash though.

Urgent. Care. Now.

Our neighbor's son had a tick bite that developed a rash like that and nearly died. Go to urgent care and get treatment started.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    No doc here.

I’d take her in, but I’ve also had bites like that before too that ended up being nothing.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

The facilities you are referencing are usually convenient (as you mentioned) and are often called "urgent" care facilities for a reason. Get your child to one nearby this evening . . . . don't wait until tomorrow.

I'm not a doctor. I'm a parent of a Nurse Practitioner. She agrees with me.

Please let us know how this turns out.

I am the furthest thing from a doc on this forum, but I also vote for getting into urgent care tonight. No sense putting it off.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List