Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vuurwapen HMC9 Glock 43 (43x/48?) frame for P365 magazines

I don’t think the target market is G43X/G48 owners moving over to a P365 magazine.

But it’s a serious upgrade for existing G43 owners to get a higher capacity pistol.

Whether it works or not is a different question...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    More generally, a Glock trigger, rather than an everything-else-striker cocked single-action trigger.

The only obvious pending issue I see is that if reliability is exactly the same as a G48, that may not be good enough based on some info that's been posted around here. Of course, reliability may not be as good as a G48. Or, I suppose it could be better.

I probably won't pre-order, although I have recently sold several compacts in the same size class but of much lower capacity.
    You can get higher-cap mags for the G48 that seem to be working OK. Besides the trigger and Gadget opportunity, my interest is driven mainly by the grip angle. (Yeah, I know, cry me a river.) But a bunch of different brands of pistol all index naturally and as near as matters to the same for me. Then I go to a Glock, and I'm chasing the front sight. Work with it; dry fire for a week and live fire. Still chasing the front sight. Pick up whatever other pistol was closest to the front of the safe, and it presents perfectly indexed the first time and every time. Try another, different brand. Same thing. Still chasing the front sight on the Glock. And the G48 is worse. I thought about it, and it seems that whatever work I had to put into making a Glock work as well for me as every other pistol works without doing any work would be better spent with one of those other pistols. But that's just me.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Neat, but solution in search of a problem in 2021.

New article on the HMC9:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...uurwapen-hmc9/

Still vaporware, but the website does have full pricing now. Price for a complete gun is pretty reasonable.

It looks like the magazines they are shipping with are P365 mags with a thicker baseplate, holding 11 rounds.
    Last edited by TicTacticalTimmy; 07-23-2021 at 07:21 PM.

Update: with the Shadow Systems CR920 looking like a better mousetrap and the Shield mags also taking a chunk out of the customer base…

The Vuurwapen is still vaporware. They’ve had some updates saying that their 80% rail system didn’t hold up and it’ll be a few months yet in redesign.

I’m not sure what benefit there will be for this gun except for perhaps people who like the P365 grip angle better.

One thing I missed from the Facebook post is that for the delay they’re including (for free) a GenX frame for all G43 preorders that were affected.

It’s apparently a vertical grip G19 Glock frame that would actually interest me.

Name:  66BBC7B0-E2AB-4AD5-9BE2-FC7F2C7ED3D6.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  28.2 KB
    Last edited by JCN; 05-15-2022 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Update: with the Shadow Systems CR920 looking like a better mousetrap and the Shield mags also taking a chunk out of the customer base…

The Vuurwapen is still vaporware. They’ve had some updates saying that their 80% rail system didn’t hold up and it’ll be a few months yet in redesign.

I’m not sure what benefit there will be for this gun except for perhaps people who like the P365 grip angle better.

One thing I missed from the Facebook post is that for the delay they’re including (for free) a GenX frame for all G43 preorders that were affected.

It’s apparently a vertical grip G19 Glock frame that would actually interest me.

Name:  66BBC7B0-E2AB-4AD5-9BE2-FC7F2C7ED3D6.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  28.2 KB

I too would be interested in a gen x frame...

This is an alternative to those waiting on the HMC9, https://blackphoenixcustoms.com/shad...ete-frame.html. This will allow your Glock to accept 10 round and 13 round mags.

Quote Originally Posted by coob5 View Post
    This is an alternative to those waiting on the HMC9, https://blackphoenixcustoms.com/shad...ete-frame.html. This will allow your Glock to accept 10 round and 13 round mags.
    One issue is it doesn't always run we with glock 43/43x/48 slides

Bumping this back up as a part of quest to reduce wrist pain. Did anyone ever get a HCM9 frame? Taking my 43 RDO and plopping all the working bits into a more vertical frame with higher capacity is very appealing. I sent them a question.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Bumping this back up as a part of quest to reduce wrist pain. Did anyone ever get a HCM9 frame? Taking my 43 RDO and plopping all the working bits into a more vertical frame with higher capacity is very appealing. I sent them a question.
    AFAIK nothing has shipped.

Last I knew they were going to sell serialized frames. They were testing the guns more and had a failure of the metal insert where the trigger housing would install. They said they were going to redesign the part before releasing anything. That is the last I heard.

User Tag List