Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hurricane Season 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    My friend in Houma got power back today. Water came back on 3 days ago. She says it’s nice without gensets roaring all around.

She said the streets are lousy with utility trucks. They’re her heros.
    This is good news. Glad they are (presumably) not going to get a windy hit from Nicholas.
    Last edited by Rex G; 09-13-2021 at 09:36 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Well, the 10 PM update indicates that Nicholas has started its NE turn earlier than expected, just before landfall, rather than after passing through Houston. It did already reach minimal hurricane strength. This earlier NE might matter, however, to some folks in immediate coastal SE Texas, and in Louisiana. The weather guy did mention dry air feeding into the storm, and I will pray for more of that dry air, to keep doing its work to fight the storm.

Edited to add: Not that we are not feeling it. We lost power, for a bit, right after I posted the above update. The usual trees seem to be thrashing the usual power lines.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Keep your heads down...we'll be pulling for you all.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Thanks for the expressions of support. We are good, in Bellaire, Texas, one of the three “land-locked” (surrounded by Houston) ‘burb cites west of the Texas Medical Center. A few limbs down, periodic brief power outages, and I heard what I believed to be a transformer giving up the ghost, on the dog walk, a few minutes ago. The technical center of circulation is a short distance away, so the center has yet to pass us, but the actual path is not where the heavy rains are happening. Pasadena and Baytown, to the southeast of the storm’s track, are not having it so good, right now, and this messy part is going to be visiting more of SE Texas, and Louisiana, as the day passes. I am especially concerned about the folks, still under tarps, in Louisiana.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List