Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Season 2021

Some in nj got their fudge seriously packed. There's a street on the other side of town with the Passaic river as their back yard. Said river is now their front yard. And their street. And their development.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Wow, Ida has kept on biting, kicking, scratching, and screaming, right up through NY/NJ and NE. Hope all P-F’ers are OK.

Edited to add: Some folks here, in the Houston and SE Texas area, were seriously anxious about Ida, until it was well ashore, well east of us.
    Last edited by Rex G; 09-02-2021 at 04:40 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Some in nj got their fudge seriously packed. There's a street on the other side of town with the Passaic river as their back yard. Said river is now their front yard. And their street. And their development.
    A number of people in NYC who lived in below-grade apartments died in them.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

7.5 inches of rain in one night and our second 100-year storm in three months.

https://www.tiktok.com/@world_gone_w...&is_copy_url=0

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/berkel...rm-ida-s-visit

While various units from the Police and Fire departments were working on Diamond Hill Road, a 60-inch corrugated pipe under the road “failed and undermined the ramp from 78 West to Diamond Hill Road,” Hopkins said.

An update issued this afternoon by Police Captain Ernie Schmidt said “Interstate 78 West Exit 43 (Diamond Hill Road) will be closed indefinitely. NJ DOT is evaluating water damage that may compromise the integrity of the roadway.”
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

IDA

We were in the middle of Ida here. 10.5 days no power and we just got internet access late yesterday. Entire parish was without power. No running water for 3 days. We fared pretty well with just minor damage. Many of my neighbors lost roof's and have a lot of water damage. South and sightly east of us a great many are still without power and limited water.
    We were well prepared and it payed off. For the severity of damage to the power grid it is amazing that we had power restored as quickly as we did. A big salute to thousands of lineman who made it possible.

Tropical Storm Nicholas

Texas and Louisiana folks, let’s get ready for this one. This one could make landfall farther south, and then stall, between Austin and Houston, in Texas, and then sit there, as a “captive low,” pulling Gulf moisture over Lousiana and Texas, for an extended period of time. This is according to the “European Model.” The GFS indicates a later landfall, along the upper Texas Coast, as a stronger-wind storm, perhaps reaching Hurricane strenth, but dumping much less total rain, as it will keep moving, and get away from the Gulf, which provides its moisture. Either scenario is going to hurt some folks worse than others. Either scenario means that somebody is going to get really wet, regardless.

One thing, in our favor, is that the ground is dry, in so much of Texas, with rivers and streams running relatively low. There is somewhere for much of the water to go.

Some Louisiana folks, who may still be under tarps, and may still have no power, are going to have problems, especially if upper-level SW winds push the top of this storm far east of the eye area. The farthest-away band-like area of rain is already sweeping into southern Lousiana, as I type this.

Let’s stay safe and well.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    My friend in Houma got power back today. Water came back on 3 days ago. She says it’s nice without gensets roaring all around.

She said the streets are lousy with utility trucks. They’re her heros.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Some Louisiana folks, who may still be under tarps, and may still have no power, are going to have problems, especially if upper-level SW winds push the top of this storm far east of the eye area. The farthest-away band-like area of rain is already sweeping into southern Lousiana, as I type this.

Let’s stay safe and well.
    We've got people still under tarps from Laura, and it's really gonna suck to be them. That said, it looks like the majority of the rain won't quite reach as far as the area affected by Ida. There weren't any problems from Ida where I live. I'm to the east of the predicted storm track so I'm on the "wet" side. Current predictions are 5-7+" of rain from this storm with about twice that to the south. We've had normal summer weather here lately so the ground is fairly saturated. Schools are closed tomorrow and probably will be Tuesday and Wednesday as well.

The current track has the eye passing straight through Houston - y'all be careful!

Well, the consensus now seems to be that the storm will make landfall at the coastal bend of Texas, and then pass between Austin and Houston, but without stalling, as a “captive” low pressure system, as some models had previously thought. If so, this may be the best outcome, for the most people, as it would keep much of the rain where it is needed. Seriously, the ground has been starting to crack, in some nearby parts of Texas. Yes, of course, some people will suffer, with too much water, too quickly, but this storm is inevitably passing over populated areas, regardless.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List