Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Memories of a stupid kid stories...

A coworker's son was in a BB gun battle, safety goggles and all. But he didn't get the word out when he wanted a break and took off the goggles. So one of his buds ambushed him. A BB gun WILL shoot your eye out.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Riding down a bridge with my bike that had only one working brake, the second brake was broken.
    A crossing ahead with much traffic but also a green light. Enjoying the speed...

Traffic light changes to yellow. Brake fails. Houston, we have a problem...

Jump or race? Race! Maybe a guardian angel stepped in. I was not hurt at all. But a crash with a car was close.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Probably the worst whipping I got was when I talked my sister into sticking a bobby pin into both sides of the outlet.
    I didnt get whipped however when I drank a whole bottle of rx nose spray only because I was in the hospital and they thought I was going to die.
    I never got caught collecting all the aerosol cans at the dump putting them in a pile then catching the dump on fire to watch them explode. Then sticking around for the flat bed to arrive with the bulldozer to put out the fire. Many times.
    I remember being asked to plug in the Christmas tree. Always wondered what would happen if you touched the prongs while inserting the plug.
    My mom found me on the floor, burnt fingers and unconscious. Evidently when the lights in the rest of the house dimmed, it was a give-away.

BB gun wars, I was shot in the right index finger tip by a buddy who also violated the 3 pump rule. Broke the skin, but it healed. That finger was always so cold in the winter....Fast forward 3 years, and I'm at my grandfather's house. He was a tool and die maker, had awesome tools and gizmos, including one particularly strong magnet. Seems a bb, lodged in the bone of the index finger will stick to the magnet.
    That surgery cost my parents a bit of money, and me the Crossman 760.
    Now, at 57, that finger tip is still cold all the time.

Name:  finger.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  19.1 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I did that with magnesium and burnt my eyebrows off.
    Anyone who hasn't lost their eye brows at least once had an incomplete childhood.😁

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Anyone who hasn't lost their eye brows at least once had an incomplete childhood.😁
    We were dropping bottle rockets into an old fence post, so that when they went off, they'd go straight up....Perhaps 12 years old?

Well 1 did not go off, and being value based pre teens, and wanting to get every bang for our buck, we decided that we could definitely get said rocket to reignite with a bit of borrowed lighter fluid from the neighbor's deck. Fluid was drizzled into the fence pipe, and matches[Ohio blue tips, remember those???]dropped in to follow.

Lost my right brow in that moment.

Since it's the 4th of July, my public service announcement for the day will be that you should never flush 2 cherry bombs down the middle school toilets....never.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Hmmm... More coming to mind...

Fondue fork in living room electrical outlet. (The outlet was still scorched 3 years ago when I sold the house.)

Numerous arrows thru garage wall. (Missed the hay bale.)

Tried to make a flame thrower from a recycled propane tank my Dad used to power an airbrush. (He was big into building Tamiya German armor models.) I used the theory of a garden sprayer jet pump. (I think I deserve an “A” for attempted applied physics.)

A wrist rocket and marble will put a nice dent in the neighbors brand new 1975 Ford Grenada. (Shhh! I don’t think anyone suspected me.)
    Last edited by entropy; 07-04-2021 at 07:35 AM.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post

BB gun wars, I was shot in the right index finger tip by a buddy who also violated the 3 pump rule. Broke the skin, but it healed.
    I hated those guns because I was so outgunned. One battle was across a large pond. My bbs were landing in the water about 3/4 across while his were hitting the tree I was behind.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Most of the things this kid did still cannot be preserved online in perpetuity for fear of revenge or legal consequences. (Fighting, thieving, and general skulduggery not the least of it.)

Name:  me back then.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  23.1 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender (18).jpg
Views: 234
Size:  25.0 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender (17).jpg
Views: 229
Size:  34.1 KB

"Don't tell anyone. Let's just keep it between us."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I remember my brother and I sticking my sister's light brite pegs into the muzzles of our otherwise unloaded bb guns and using them as more suitable indoor ammo for attempting to shoot the bulbs out of my mothers dining room chandelier from behind cover aka the couch.

I believe I led the number successfully shattered.

Site Supporter
    I have three younger brothers(I'm 53). My youngest brother and I were 12 years apart(he died last year: drug overdose). I always said you had to keep us apart or we would destroy the world because we were the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

The brother 2 years younger and I were(are?) terrors to my parents. They had to nail our second-story bedroom window shut because we threw our toys down onto the concrete below to break them open. We were scientist and wanted to see how they worked.
    My parents partied(it was the early 70's, everyone did) and liked to sleep in the next day. They put a hook & eye latch on the outside of the door to keep us locked in our room. We used a piece of Matchbox car track to pop the lock(a spanking with those hurts). Then they tied a belt from our door knob to a hallway closet door. Do you know with enough time and determination you can stretch a belt enough to open a door and squeeze out?
    The same brother has had stitches, I think 5 times. 3 or 4 of those because of something I told him to do. One time, when we were throwing a butter knife around I yelled "I'm the greatest knife thrower in the world!" and threw it at him. He was about 40 yards away and thankfully put his left arm up. The butter knife stuck in his arm, instead of his chest. I didn't get spanked that time.
    One of use ruined hardwood floors when we dumped out all my mom's perfume(I think it was him). One of us destroyed an 8-track player with peanut butter(that may have been me).
    We were shooting our bows and had a good target, we just weren't Hawkeye. We missed the target, and the arrow stuck in a car's convertible top. We removed it and left the scene quickly.

I was playing with a 9 volt battery and steel wool because I read in either the Boy Scouts manual or a survival book you can use it to start fires. It works, and burns quickly, very quickly. I burned a nice area on my blanket.

Good times.
    --Jason--

User Tag List