Thread: Holster guard + MRDS cut?

Holster guard + MRDS cut?

Is a full guard compatible with the MRDS cut? Any downside? The only photos I've seen on the JMCK site seem to show no guard with the MRDS cut.

Not Tony, but FWIW I ran a Dark Star Gear Hitchhiker with a DIY optic cut out of a full guard with my G48 for a couple months (before I sold it) with no issues. I just ordered (literally, as in 15 seconds ago) a JM CK WC 2.5 full guard with an optic cut for a G19.

Site Supporter
    I've got an IWB 3 with the cut and full guard for my PX4. I have yet to wear it - it's my first try with a red dot and I have a class on using it next weekend - but the gun fits fine. My other JMCK holsters for my iron-sight PX4s (IWB 3, OWB 1 and 2) are also set up with the full guard and I've been using them for the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Is a full guard compatible with the MRDS cut? Any downside? The only photos I've seen on the JMCK site seem to show no guard with the MRDS cut.
    You can get any guard with a red dot cut, we do suggest the mid for red dots as the top of the full guard in conjunction with a red dot is going to be pretty narrow at the top. I also tell everyone unsure to get a full as we can trim down a full to anything but cannot add material to a mid or no guard. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    You can get any guard with a red dot cut, we do suggest the mid for red dots as the top of the full guard in conjunction with a red dot is going to be pretty narrow at the top. I also tell everyone unsure to get a full as we can trim down a full to anything but cannot add material to a mid or no guard. Thanks
    Tony just trimmed a full guard JMCK OWB2 for a CZ RAMI to which I had added a Red dot optic.

Just like everything else from JMCK . . . excellent communication, outstanding workmanship, rapid turnaround time, and fair prices.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Tony just trimmed a full guard JMCK OWB2 for a CZ RAMI to which I had added a Red dot optic.

Just like everything else from JMCK . . . excellent communication, outstanding workmanship, rapid turnaround time, and fair prices.
    Thanks for the kudos and the business!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List