Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Click if you hate ticks

The sound when the thing went full Dr. Manhattan from the inside out… Hollywood couldn’t beat that with a whole army of Foley artists. That was most def the most metal thing I’ve heard this month so far.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    The sound when the thing went full Dr. Manhattan from the inside out… Hollywood couldn’t beat that with a whole army of Foley artists. That was most def the most metal thing I’ve heard this month so far.
    I normally watch these things without sound.

I sort of wish I watched this one without sound

Also that thing was NASTY.

One of the occupational hazards of K9 is that your dog takes you into some disgusting backyards. Some of them are infested with Ticks and guess what your police dog brings home. There was one year we got overrun with Ticks. I was having the bug guy over weekly. They were on my personal dogs. Several ended up on me. They were in the house. Fortunately it was close to triple digits. The summer heat ended it.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Name:  permethrin-all-the-things.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  72.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Die fucker.... when I was a teenager and at my Grandparents place one summer I managed to find my way into an area that was covered in larval ticks. I then became covered in larval ticks. I counted 230 on my right ankle/foot as I was removing them with tweezers and just stopped counting at around 260 on my left leg. The following days of itching and burning dicsomfort has yet to be equaled by anything else I’ve been exposed to. Luckily they didn’t make it further north than my socks.

I’m just glad that baby ticks aren’t as likely to carry the same bacteria and other bad shit full grown ticks do. Besides Lyme diseases there’s quite a few tick borne illnesses that can have long term debilitating consequences.
    I did that once several years ago. I was hiking on a trail near the Blue Ridge Parkway and walked through a section with ankle high grass that must have been a nest. I had them all over my feet.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Ticks haven’t pissed me off as much as chiggers have.
    Ugh, tell me about it. I can't think of a worse itch you can't do much about.

Chris

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Ticks haven’t pissed me off as much as chiggers have.
    If you get bit by a Lone Star tick and then develop Alpha-gal syndrome, you might change your mind.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I use Cutter's 40% DEET before going out on a walk. I just ordered some permethrin to treat my clothes.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Used it on my clothes both times I went to So. Africa. In the ten days I found one tick curled up in the outside seam of my pants, obviously miserable. Everyone else in camp who wore untreated clothes had multiple tick encounters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I use Cutter's 40% DEET before going out on a walk. I just ordered some permethrin to treat my clothes.
    I can't stand DEET. It makes me feel greasy. I use picaridin. Usually flying bugs (gnats and mosquitos) don't bother me, but they've been bad this year.

Chris

User Tag List