Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Click if you hate ticks

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Used it on my clothes both times I went to So. Africa. In the ten days I found one tick curled up in the outside seam of my pants, obviously miserable. Everyone else in camp who wore untreated clothes had multiple tick encounters.
    The first time I used it, I went hiking in a place known to be a tick mecca. I found several dead ones in the laces of my boots and in the cuffs of my pants. I've been a convert ever since.

And when I say permethrin all the things, I mean it. My clothes, hat, hammock, backpack, etc. I want to leave a trail of dead ticks in my wake when I go hiking or camping.

Chris

Always on the key chain:

There's nothing civil about this war.

Pepperidge Farm remembers the military issue bug repellent that literally melted watches
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Ticks haven’t pissed me off as much as chiggers have.
    Seriously...chigger bites itch like a mofo for days and permanently destroy flesh. I'll take the tick bite any day.

Pepperidge Farm remembers the military issue bug repellent that literally melted watches
    And SAK scales.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Having been born and raised in a high altitude desert, I didn't take the threat of ticks seriously when I was first exposed.

After around 9 or 10 of those bullseye rashes reached 4-6in diameters and I was feeling like feverish hammered shit, I got dragged to urgent care where I got a round of some seriously heavy antibiotics - and I became a believer in avoiding ticks.

I'm very lucky that I got dragged into urgent care when I did, as I haven't had any long term ramifications.

Deleted. Addressed above.
    Last edited by Duces Tecum; 07-03-2021 at 12:01 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    And SAK scales.
    That is DEET and another reason why I don't use the stuff. I screwed up the scales on a Boy Scout Knife right after buying it at the Scout Camp commissary one year.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    That is DEET and another reason why I don't use the stuff. I screwed up the scales on a Boy Scout Knife right after buying it at the Scout Camp commissary one year.

Chris
    We all swore it off when a fellow scout had the body of his flashlight deform (effectively melted) to fit his hand one night at camp.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

I like Picaradin based insect repellent:

https://amazon.com/dp/B07Z465FW2
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List