Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in a self-opening sheath for a waved folder?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Product Announcement:

The Self-Opening Sheath™(SOS™) from Flamingo and Rob's Tools will be entering production and shipping within the next two weeks.

Initially it will be available for three waved knife models. The Spyderco Waved Delica, the Spyderco P'Kal, and the Kershaw-Emerson CQC-6K. The P'Kal and K-E sheaths also accomodate the P'Kal Trainer and the Kershaw-Emerson E-Trainer. Shown below are photos of our prototypes. A few minor changes will occur in production runs. We will reduce the number of mounting holes to two, following industry standard spacing. And holes that have shock cord through them will have rivets in them to help prevent any sharp kydex edges from cutting and fraying the cord. Also, our fit and finish is a refining process and these are functional prototypes, meant to demonstrated and tested, not look pretty.

We have opted to use Velcro One-Wrap to secure the sheath over the belt. We have found this works really well, as in better than any soft loop. For trainers we're substituting the black One-Wrap for a blue hook-and-loop wrap, to allow you to have a bright color indicator for training folders.

Even though the sheaths are generally the same, minor dimensional differences in trainers and live blades exist. So, make sure you buy a Trainer sheath if you intend to use it with a trainer. Because it will be set up slightly differently than a Live sheath. It's minor, but it will save us and you a headache.

When it is go time there will be an automatic discount calculator for every two Self-Opening Sheaths bought there is $5 off (so two for $45, or four for $90, etc).

http://instagram.com/p/Ciau4e_vCqy/

A few folks I think will be interested: @Clusterfrack @Totem Polar @Skinner Precision, LLC @Jackdog @Chuck Haggard @Cecil Burch @SouthNarc @Guerrero
    I'm in for P'Kal.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Ok, so how do we purchase these? The IG page doesn't have a link in the Bio. C'mon guys...
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Ok, so how do we purchase these? The IG page doesn't have a link in the Bio. C'mon guys...
    https://flamingoandrobstools.bigcart...opening-sheath

We won't take your money until we're ready to ship.

Sometime next week. I know, I know - we're teasing you guys a bit - but I wanted to get the actual proto pictures out this week.

Link on IG not showing for you? I'll check it out.

https://youtube.com/shorts/N_Wsawlo3fw?feature=share

ETA: Forgive the dog panting in the background.
    Last edited by Flamingo; 09-14-2022 at 12:18 PM.

Now if only someone actually had the P'kal in stock...

I'm in for 2 for the P'Kal

TOMORROW MORNING (9/30/2022) at 0900 PST Mark Your Calendars - For our initial launch we have more limited inventory. But if we sell out, no worries - we're working to build inventory levels as quickly as possible.

You'll be able to buy here: Flamingo and Rob's Tools Self-Opening Sheath

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....87#post1400487

Thanks guys!

-Rob

Will a Kershaw 6055 work with it or is it too big? I'm buying one regardless because I really dig Spydercos but curious. I'll find a Spyderco somewhere.

Name:  IMG_0286.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  49.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Will a Kershaw 6055 work with it or is it too big? I'm buying one regardless because I really dig Spydercos but curious. I'll find a Spyderco somewhere.

Name:  IMG_0286.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  49.4 KB
    The 6055 will be too big. Plus we've molded pretty tight to the 6034 handle form. I cannot confirm it, but I suspect the CQC-7K will also work. The handle and dimensions appear the same as the 6034 and E-Trainer.

ETA: We will have P'Kal, Waved Delicas, and K-Es in stock tomorrow.

And we're LIVE!!!

User Tag List