Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in a self-opening sheath for a waved folder?

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I think that’s on purpose. The actual sheath is blacked so you can’t see it.
    LOL! Now that I'm looking at it on a laptop I see that's pretty obvious... But frustrating.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    LOL! Now that I'm looking at it on a laptop I see that's pretty obvious... But frustrating.
    Once we get to pre-production I'll unveil everything. We're not quite there, but basic specs: taco-style kydex sheath, shock cord deployment. Similar, in principle to the Special Circumstances sheath shown up thread, but much smaller footprint overall.

The other thing I can say, it works better than I thought it would. We're talking a failure rate in the single digits after a bit of practice. Blade fully deployed by the time the point is to your navel. Following basic principles, if you've got the distance/time to deploy a Clinch Pick, you have it to deploy a folder from the SOS. Is it foul proof? No, but it's a damn sight better than deploying a waved folder from the pocket. Like, I'm not joking - so much better.

The P'Kal version for the six people carrying a P'Kal is really slick and fast. The Kershaw-Emerson is almost as fast, but the design has to be different, it makes it a tad slower overall, because the knife has to sit deeper into the sheath for stability. Trade off there is, inexpensive knife and trainer.

Like the speed loader pouch, we're targeting have a run ready to purchase and ship before Halloween. We anticipate some folks will want two of these so, there will likely be a bundle and save option. Price isn't yet fixed, but targeting <$30 for a single sheath.

We'd like you to be able to go buy a CQC-6K, E-Trainer, and two of our sheaths for <$125. Because then this becomes a whole system for less than a month's worth of Starbucks.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The P'Kal version for the six people carrying a P'Kal is really slick and fast.
    Guess I’m one of the 1%? Now that I’m back at work, I’m not carrying an OTF.

@RevolverRob and I worked on the SOS for the waved Delica today and it works awesome! The Kershaw Emerson knife and trainer work great as well.

Hopefully we will have some ready for release soon.

Awesome.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Consider at some point the Kershaw/Emerson CQC5K. I like the mk lighter weight and better grip of two G10 scales, vs. the steel side of the 6K. It's lighter, holds better, and the blade is just an awesome cutter.

Not a criticism. I understand why you went the way you did, and will be purchasing 2 easily.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Also, since I haven't said it yet:
    Name:  25a.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  36.5 KB
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Guess I’m one of the 1%? Now that I’m back at work, I’m not carrying an OTF.

You and me both. But as my partner said below...

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    @RevolverRob and I worked on the SOS for the waved Delica today and it works awesome! The Kershaw Emerson knife and trainer work great as well.

Hopefully we will have some ready for release soon.
    In my, not so humble, opinion the waved Delica is the best variant of the three for carry. The Delica is so much thinner it's stupid easy to conceal. And the big ass wave and shape, the Delica uses a P'kal style sheath and it's wicked fast. Combined with the slimness of it - if you don't have a Kershaw-Emerson or a P'Kal already - the Delica is really awesome.

The only caveat with the waved Delica is the lack of a dedicated waved Delica trainer from Spyderco. That said, we'll be getting a 5x5 Pickpocket and a Wisemen Fang in to see if they work with the Delica sheath. Attaching one of those to a standard Delica trainer can give folks an option.

I had a waved Delica that I carried for about four years before I lost it. It was a great little knife. I wish I still had it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

To be honest, I don't love the Delica. The handle is narrow and the grip and blade curve in, making a reverse grip suboptimal.

I have a bunch of waved knives, including the Emerson trainer. The P'Kal seems like the best option for a sheath to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    In my, not so humble, opinion the waved Delica is the best variant of the three for carry. The Delica is so much thinner it's stupid easy to conceal. And the big ass wave and shape, the Delica uses a P'kal style sheath and it's wicked fast. Combined with the slimness of it - if you don't have a Kershaw-Emerson or a P'Kal already - the Delica is really awesome.

The only caveat with the waved Delica is the lack of a dedicated waved Delica trainer from Spyderco. That said, we'll be getting a 5x5 Pickpocket and a Wisemen Fang in to see if they work with the Delica sheath. Attaching one of those to a standard Delica trainer can give folks an option.

User Tag List