Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in a self-opening sheath for a waved folder?

I’m interested to see where you two go with this venture. Both as a consumer, and as a friend.
    ”When antisemitism moves from the shameful fringe into the public square, it is not about Jews… it is about the surrounding society or the culture or the country. It is an early warning system—a sign that the society itself is breaking down. That it is dying.” -Bari Weiss

I'm hoping you two reprobates get this off of the ground. I'm not much of a knife guy but could be persuaded to learn self defense tactics when the gat isn't present.

I was just in OR and had to leave the heater at home. They don't cotton to folks with a carry down there if you don't have an OR permit. Knife would be the next best thing.

Mostly I just confine my travels to WA these days because of that but a clinch pick would be a good backup.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Does this count as a tease?

Now futzing with a prototype to determine changes that might be necessary to ensure positive opening when drawn with either hand. This is also bulky compared to a flat lying Clinch Pick and I need to evaluate the best way to mount this thing to the belt. Currently using a Tek-Lok which is fine for messing about, but not viable long-term.

Name:  B3ED7BC0-60FE-4F21-A510-18BA5EEC366A.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  47.8 KB

We did some more prototyping today. It is progressing nicely. I think the P'Kal design is very close and we are working on a design for one of the Emerson Kershaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    We did some more prototyping today. It is progressing nicely. I think the P'Kal design is very close and we are working on a design for one of the Emerson Kershaws.
    Indeed we did!

http://instagram.com/reel/ChQvcsClSfj/

September Update:

We have successfully constructed prototypes for both the Spyderco P'Kal and the Kershaw-Emerson CQC-6K. It turns out that Self-Opening Sheath design will need to be different for each of those models, due to differences in Wave location and shape. That said, I can tell you the 6K sheath also works with the Kersahw-Emerson E-Trainer, which is great because it simplifies our production. I have acquired a P'Kal trainer and will confirm that they interchange. Once this is confirmed, we're going to move into pre-production stage. Which I suppose this serves as an informal statement...

Flamingo and Rob's Tools will be making the Self-Opening Sheath™. We will be doing at least the two versions, the P'Kal and Kershaw-Emerson, but possibly a third for the Waved Delica. We won't reveal all our details yet, because we'd like to make a formal product announcement including photos. But what we can tell you so far is - the designs are meant to be mounted on the belt, much like a standard Clinch Pick, but more horizontal, as opposed to the downward inguinal crease draw. It will be quite easy to modify our mounting system to mimic the Clinch Pick if you'd like.

Again, I'll make a formal product announcement soon and there will be vendor thread. But you can book mark our website and watch this thread, I'll post when the product page is up and again before we go live with sales. You can also see our Ethics and Guarantee statements to learn a bit more about what to expect from Flamingo and Rob.

It is really hard to tell what is going on in those pictures...
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I think that’s on purpose. The actual sheath is blacked so you can’t see it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Cloaking tech. Wearable gas miasma that discretely hides a folding blade.

Because #concealedmeansconcealed
    ”When antisemitism moves from the shameful fringe into the public square, it is not about Jews… it is about the surrounding society or the culture or the country. It is an early warning system—a sign that the society itself is breaking down. That it is dying.” -Bari Weiss

User Tag List