Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airsoft trainer

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Airsoft was going to revolutionize USPSA training. Set up stages in your garage, practice Steel Challenge stages for pennies from the comfort of your living room, etc.

It didn't revolutionize training. Most found it more beneficial to dryfire with their actual gun than shoot plastic BBs with a pistol that is too dissimilar to your real pistol. I went down that rabbit hole years ago and that was my conclusion as well.

(If you want to try it - black BBs are better than white as you can't see them as well and you won't be as distracted watching the black BBs fly as you would be white BBs.)

I think it has more value as FOF training than as a replacement for dryfire training.
    This. I will add that the guns themselves don’t hold up, even when you spend good money on them. One of my kids “trains” with them quite a bit. It has been beneficial for him to learn gun handling and
    holster skills that do transfer to the real thing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan9 View Post
    This. I will add that the guns themselves don’t hold up, even when you spend good money on them. One of my kids “trains” with them quite a bit. It has been beneficial for him to learn gun handling and
    holster skills that do transfer to the real thing.
    I second this…
    I bought a spring Airsoft (plastic) B92, then a gas Airsoft (metal) B92. They were a good progression for my two tween (at the time) sons to learn manipulation and safety habits, and rudimentary shooting skills. There was plenty of positive transfer when they shot live ammo from a real gun. One is now very into IDPA.

I can see that as a possibility and understand your reasoning but (and it could be my confirmation bias) but this matches my Glock almost perfectly the slide is a little bit bigger but it fits in my phlster floodlight just fine and it’s no different than running my Glock with a dead trigger plus the safety aspect and not having to constantly unload my gun I see the advantages without having shooting bbs.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

User Tag List