Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sgt Daniel Perry charged in death of Garrett Foster

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Speaking of the so called “protest”. It was not a fixed or even a spontaneous protest - it was a small “protest” that started at another location and then went mobile, supposedly walking to the state Capitol. There was no way for Perry to know they were there snd avoid them. He dropped off his passenger near by and the ride share’s nav system took him into their path.
    Spontaneous was my bad choice of words. Basically the guy was driving and found himself in the middle of a protest. He was trying to turn down a street to get away from it, but the protesters were storming into the street and surrounding cars--treating people who are trying to drive in the streets as if they are enemies--with one of them rushing up and pointing an AK at him. This goes far beyond protesting--they are threatening people trying to drive away with threats of violence at gunpoint. Rather than the protestors thinking, 'Hey, we are rushing into the street where people are driving and they might get scared and try to drive away," they seem to regard everyone outside of their group as enemies.

His statements have likely played a significant factor in the charging decision, regardless of the fact that he's in the right. He served up motive on silver platter to a politically motivated prosecutor, and now he needs to convince 12 woke Austinites, in a woke court, that his own words aren't connected to how he ended up where he was and for what he did. I think a key takeaway here......again.....is to stop making machismo challenges/statements on the interwebs.

People do it here on P-F.com even after we've discussed this in multiple instances and I shake my head every time; some of you guys out there can't stay out of your own way in a stampede to prove to the world how stupid you are.

With that said, if anyone has a link to a legitimate defense fund donation, please share.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    According to DA's in Travis county now, you have to be directly taking fire from 7.62 before offering yourself any reasonable defense.

Great precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    According to DA's in Travis county now, you have to be directly taking fire from 7.62 before offering yourself any reasonable defense.

Great precedent.
    FWIW the current DA primaried the former DA for not being liberal enough. The Republican candidate did not have a snowball's chance in hell of winning. Primary elections are just as important-- sometimes moreso-- than the general.

I haven't seen video that clearly shows Foster actually pointing the AK at Perry. The fact that there were a million cameras around ten feet away and none of them show foster with his AK in a lowered/neutral/nonthreatening position next to Perry's car says a lot to me.

The protest that day wasn't scheduled like some around the same time were. Congress ave was not blocked off and cars were on the road legally when they got flash mobbed. Without drone footage it's hard to call that "driving into a protest" when someone is minding their own business and you decide to round up a hundred of your closest buds and ambush them. Perry's navigation app, whichever he was using, is all but 100% guaranteed to have routed him onto Congress ave because it's the main drag. His deleted social media posts weren't part of the story the first time this came up, but Foster's were. The earlier point about macho bullshit on social media is spot on. I'm betting they both regret that now.

"Woke" or not I doubt he'll be convicted. I haven't read Perry's tweets or whatever but it sounds like once those surfaced it was guaranteed he was going to have to defend his actions in court.

The real takeaway is that the narrative battle between "he drove into the protest!" and "he got ambushed and was trying to get out" is now going to rely entirely on you having 4k60p dash cam footage. So for anyone that doesn't have one yet, y'know, might wanna look into it. Also, probably don't make a bunch of threats on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    His statements have likely played a significant factor in the charging decision, regardless of the fact that he's in the right. He served up motive on silver platter to a politically motivated prosecutor, and now he needs to convince 12 woke Austinites, in a woke court, that his own words aren't connected to how he ended up where he was and for what he did. I think a key takeaway here......again.....is to stop making machismo challenges/statements on the interwebs.

People do it here on P-F.com even after we've discussed this in multiple instances and I shake my head every time; some of you guys out there can't stay out of your own way in a stampede to prove to the world how stupid you are.

With that said, if anyone has a link to a legitimate defense fund donation, please share.
    Hmm. Maybe I missed that. Are the comments online to be viewed? Were they pre- or post-shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    FWIW the current DA primaried the former DA for not being liberal enough. The Republican candidate did not have a snowball's chance in hell of winning. Primary elections are just as important-- sometimes moreso-- than the general.

I haven't seen video that clearly shows Foster actually pointing the AK at Perry. The fact that there were a million cameras around ten feet away and none of them show foster with his AK in a lowered/neutral/nonthreatening position next to Perry's car says a lot to me.

The protest that day wasn't scheduled like some around the same time were. Congress ave was not blocked off and cars were on the road legally when they got flash mobbed. Without drone footage it's hard to call that "driving into a protest" when someone is minding their own business and you decide to round up a hundred of your closest buds and ambush them. Perry's navigation app, whichever he was using, is all but 100% guaranteed to have routed him onto Congress ave because it's the main drag. His deleted social media posts weren't part of the story the first time this came up, but Foster's were. The earlier point about macho bullshit on social media is spot on. I'm betting they both regret that now.

"Woke" or not I doubt he'll be convicted. I haven't read Perry's tweets or whatever but it sounds like once those surfaced it was guaranteed he was going to have to defend his actions in court.

The real takeaway is that the narrative battle between "he drove into the protest!" and "he got ambushed and was trying to get out" is now going to rely entirely on you having 4k60p dash cam footage. So for anyone that doesn't have one yet, y'know, might wanna look into it. Also, probably don't make a bunch of threats on the internet.
    I have no idea if the videos are still available online, but we had an entire discussion about the incident here after it happened. Several people posted screen shots showing AK boy coming up to the driver at low ready and based on the position of the stock, it was more than enough information to result in a defensive shooting solution for the driver.

Let's also hope the Sgt's defense attorney can get the video of AK boy (sorry - not gonna say the oxygen thief's name as he's not worth) bragging about why he brought his AK to the protest a few minutes before he decided to point it at an innocent citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Hmm. Maybe I missed that. Are the comments online to be viewed? Were they pre- or post-shooting?
    Covered in the OP's linked article. Just the usual posturing stuff, pre-shooting, scrubbed after the incident.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post

I have no idea if the videos are still available online, but we had an entire discussion about the incident here after it happened. Several people posted screen shots showing AK boy coming up to the driver at low ready and based on the position of the stock, it was more than enough information to result in a defensive shooting solution for the driver.

Let's also hope the Sgt's defense attorney can get the video of AK boy (sorry - not gonna say the oxygen thief's name as he's not worth) bragging about why he brought his AK to the protest a few minutes before he decided to point it at an innocent citizen.
    Here is the start of where the incident was covered previously on here
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    He did not drive into the crowd.
    What Ed is pointing out here is an important trend in disinformation; when some unknown source claims that someone drove into the crowd, fact-check that shit.

Left wing "justice" nuts constantly claim that drivers are trying to run people over and kill them when they suddenly come upon their protest and try to slow crawl their way around.

I remember seeing the video from May 6 in Portland when crowd that confronted the pickup driver did the exact thing I described above to a van that got in their way. Conveniently, someone took down all the videos we discussed in that thread.

PPB looking to identify suspects from May 6 incident

Until I see some evidence of a person maliciously driving into a crowd, I take those kinds of claims with a grain of salt at best, and as intentional gaslighting at worst.

This is how extremists drive the narrative, by first creating an imagined grievance, and new imagined standards of reasonable behavior.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    ...Conveniently, someone took down all the videos we discussed in that thread...
    Archive everything. Conveniently, files will remain public.

https://y2mate.is/en3/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post

My understanding is ride share companies have their own driver apps which they use to dispatch drivers and these apps include nav.

User Tag List