Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sgt Daniel Perry charged in death of Garrett Foster

Sgt Daniel Perry charged in death of Garrett Foster

And the legal system continues to screw over good guys...

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/07...tin-protester/
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    And the legal system continues to screw over good guys...

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/07...tin-protester/
    In this particular case, how do you know Perry is a good guy?

I’ve seen the video. AK boy got what he deserved and the Sgt should have been given a medal. Another example of leftist DA’s ignoring facts and evidence to fulfill political fantasy.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    In this particular case, how do you know Perry is a good guy?
    Don't know about "good guy" but the facts of the situation speak for themselves.

Perry was legally and morally justified in shooting Foster and Foster was not justified in pointing his AK 47 at Perry.

Foster was out looking for trouble, Perry was trying to work a side job and a ride share driver.

Let me school you a bit on how bad "woke' progressive prosecutors get in liberal shitholes like Travis County:

This is the same so-called progressive DA who charged an FBI Agent for a shooting which occurred years prior when he was State Trooper. Not only was the Trooper/now Agent cleared at the time, but the same DA who is now charging him personally prosecuted the suspect he shot for assaulting a peace officer with a deadly weapon and sent the sot suspect to prison. AFAIK there are no new facts or evidence in the case nor has the shot suspect's case been re-opened, freed from prison etc. Nope they just scraped up a bunch of woke ass Austinites who hate cops (until they need one) because it's the fashionable thing.

Man, I just don’t know about the totality of this one. I can see it both ways: for sure, if you don’t want to invite a high velocity response, don’t go pointing an AK at people. Foster brought his doom upon himself.

That said, if you don’t want dipshits pointing their AKs at you, don’t drive into crowds at ‘protest’ hootenannies.

The older I get, the more I think that just staying home and drinking the good stuff by yourself is way underrated as a healthy practice.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Man, I just don’t know about the totality of this one. I can see it both ways: for sure, if you don’t want to invite a high velocity response, don’t go pointing an AK at people. Foster brought his doom upon himself.

That said, if you don’t want dipshits pointing their AKs at you, don’t drive into crowds at ‘protest’ hootenannies.

The older I get, the more I think that just staying home and drinking the good stuff by yourself is way underrated as a healthy practice.
    He did not drive into the crowd. He was driving on a street and a "spontaneous protest" broke out with the crowd swarming off the sidewalk into the road. The driver was trying to drive turn off of the road to get out of there when his car was surrounded and a guy ran up to the car with an AK and pointed it at him. These people are like a cult and treat anyone who happens to be driving in the road who tries to pull away as the enemy.

Here is a video of something similar happening:

Last edited by Ed L; 07-02-2021 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I’ve seen the video. AK boy got what he deserved and the Sgt should have been given a medal. Another example of leftist DA’s ignoring facts and evidence to fulfill political fantasy.

Ah. The only thing I know about the case is the article linked by the OP, which didn't mention a video.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Don't know about "good guy" but the facts of the situation speak for themselves.

Perry was legally and morally justified in shooting Foster and Foster was not justified in pointing his AK 47 at Perry.

Foster was out looking for trouble, Perry was trying to work a side job and a ride share driver.

Let me school you a bit on how bad "woke' progressive prosecutors get in liberal shitholes like Travis County:

This is the same so-called progressive DA who charged an FBI Agent for a shooting which occurred years prior when he was State Trooper. Not only was the Trooper/now Agent cleared at the time, but the same DA who is now charging him personally prosecuted the suspect he shot for assaulting a peace officer with a deadly weapon and sent the sot suspect to prison. AFAIK there are no new facts or evidence in the case nor has the shot suspect's case been re-opened, freed from prison etc. Nope they just scraped up a bunch of woke ass Austinites who hate cops (until they need one) because it's the fashionable thing.
    I know there are activist DAs. Allow me to point out to you that because the DA wrongfully charged a FBI SA doesn't mean this one is a wrongfully charged.

I was asking for specifics reasons why the OP thought Perry was the good guy, like maybe there's video evidence that Foster pointed an AK at Perry. That Perry was working a side hustle is probably even less relevant than his deleted tweets. That the deceased was looking for trouble (which I don't doubt) also doesn't mean you can just smoke him. You know all this.

I'm not sure if this is the best video....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7DqxeFOi3w

Site Supporter
    I know there are activist DAs. Allow me to point out to you that because the DA wrongfully charged a FBI SA doesn't mean this one is a wrongfully charged.

I was asking for specifics reasons why the OP thought Perry was the good guy, like maybe there's video evidence that Foster pointed an AK at Perry. That Perry was working a side hustle is probably even less relevant than his deleted tweets. That the deceased was looking for trouble (which I don't doubt) also doesn't mean you can just smoke him. You know all this.

I'm not sure if this is the best video....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7DqxeFOi3w
    I mentioned that Foster pointed the AK at Perry. And Perry leaving the scene to call 911 was influenced by the fact that there was second protestor who was carrying a concealed handgun and pointed it at Perry. There were initial reports the second protester fired at a Perry’s car but I don’t know if that was substantiated. The Texas Tribune is a very left leaning news outlet and of course failed to mention the existence of the second armed protestor.

Speaking of the so called “protest”. It was not a fixed or even a spontaneous protest - it was a small “protest” that started at another location and then went mobile, supposedly walking to the state Capitol. There was no way for Perry to know they were there snd avoid them. He dropped off his passenger near by and the ride share’s nav system took him into their path.

Open carrying a long gun is not illegal, and may or may not be considered provocative in normal circumstances but I believe open carrying a loaded long gun to a protest definitely qualifies as “looking for trouble” and is a clear expression of his state of mind leading up to the shooting. Since you mention Perry’s prior postings, you might want to look into Foster’s prior postings. Suffice to say they are not examples peace love and understanding.

He got caught up in a protest while he was working and minding his own business, literally got held up at gunpoint, lowered his window and saw the barrel of a gun being lowered at him. What would you have done differently in his shoes in those seconds he had to react?
    #RESIST

User Tag List