Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Sgt Daniel Perry charged in death of Garrett Foster

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Unless you drive into protests blaring your horn in anger, you'll never find out
    It has been clearly established that Daniel Perry did not drive into the crowd at a dangerous speed that would put people in danger of injury or death. He stopped and blew his horn to try to get through the crowd that was blocking the street. Having someone blow the horn--even repeatedly--does not justify coming up to that person's car with a gun in low ready. Perry is a combat arms soldier who knows that low ready is a position that you carry your gun that allows you to quickly engage a target.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Certainly, that instant is a go for lethal violence of any type...perhaps Perry's conviction is a gross miscarriage of justice and it's just karma that a flaming racist and a possible pedophile like Perry was wrongfully arrested, charged, and found guilty.
    Wait, I missed the part about Perry being a possible pedophile. Where is that info from?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Wait, I missed the part about Perry being a possible pedophile. Where is that info from?
    It was included in the list of messages and memes...several pages collected by the prosecution where he's talking to a girl who told him she just got her driver's license and later on they talk about incorporating more BDSM into their sex life.

It could be that this is just a girl who waited until she was older to get her driver's license, so that's why I say "possible" pedophile...but it's probably more likely that it's a 16 year old...

Plus a shitload of texts that are of a "grooming" nature.

His Google search history is truly a "want to bleach my eyeballs" experience

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 45dotACP; 05-15-2023 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    OC was outlawed as part of NY’s dangerous weapons laws. Like shall issue carry of firearms, was not proactively legalized but rather legalized via a court decision against the wishes of the powers that be in NY. As such they have done what ever they can to discourage carry of both OC and firearms.
    As someone who participated in NYC Councils Defensive spray misuse investigation, this simply is not true;
    https://www.nytimes.com/1996/07/31/n...se-sprays.html

SKIP TO CONTENT

SUBSCRIBE FOR $1/WEEK
    Pataki Signs Bill Allowing Possession of Self-Defense Sprays
    Give this article

By Raymond Hernandez
    July 31, 1996
    See the article in its original context from
    July 31, 1996, Section B, Page 1Buy Reprints
    New York Times subscribers* enjoy full access to TimesMachine—view over 150 years of New York Times journalism, as it originally appeared.
    SUBSCRIBE
    *Does not include Crossword-only or Cooking-only subscribers.
    About the Archive
    This is a digitized version of an article from The Times’s print archive, before the start of online publication in 1996. To preserve these articles as they originally appeared, The Times does not alter, edit or update them.
    Occasionally the digitization process introduces transcription errors or other problems; we are continuing to work to improve these archived versions.
    New Yorkers, for the first time in nearly three decades, will be allowed to possess and use self-defense sprays like Chemical Mace under a law signed today by Gov. George E. Pataki, over the objections of New York City Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani and law enforcement officials across the state.

The new law brings New York into line with every other state by allowing people 18 and older to use a variety of pocket-size chemical sprays to repel, but not kill, an attacker.

Mr. Pataki said in a statement that the sprays would give average citizens a powerful new tool to protect themselves. "By legalizing self-defense sprays," he said, "we are empowering the people of New York with this safe and legal means of self-protection."

Show Full Article
    ADVERTISEMENT

Continue reading the main story

More in New York
    After reading Donald Trump’s latest comments about her, E. Jean Carroll said that she had been “insulted by better people.”
    E. Jean Carroll May Sue Trump a Third Time After ‘Vile’ Comments on CNN

‘As I Entered the Gallery, I Saw a Well-Dressed, Middle-Aged Woman’
    Mayor Eric Adams commended the law school graduates for exercising their right to protest, but suggested they do more to effect change.
    CUNY Law School Graduates Turn Their Backs to Mayor Adams
    Editors’ Picks
    “Gen X women are the first generation of women to have been born with this message, ‘You can do, be whatever you want in your life,” Ruby Warrington said.
    She Never Wanted to Be a Mother. Now She’s Written a Book for Women Like Her.

Can My New Boyfriend Stop My Ex From Visiting Our Dog?

My Boyfriend Wants a Prenup. Can I Say No?
    Trending in The Times
    Martha Stewart, as nature made her, on the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue.
    At 81, Martha Stewart Is the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue Cover Star

The Restaurant Service Charge Isn’t Going Anywhere
    Manager Buck Showalter and the Mets sat through a frustrating rain delay on Saturday and then lost the game once it was continued on Sunday. It has been that kind of year.
    What We Learned Through a Quarter of the M.L.B. Season
    ADVERTISEMENT

Unlimited access to all of The Times.
    $6.25 $1 a week for your first year.
    Unlimited access to all of The Times.

Introductory offer:

VIEW OFFER
    Cancel or pause anytime.
    Site Index
    Site Information Navigation
    © 2023 The New York Times Company
    NYTCoContact UsAccessibilityWork with usAdvertiseT Brand StudioYour Ad ChoicesPrivacy PolicyTerms of ServiceTerms of SaleSite MapCanadaInternationalHelpSubscriptions

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    It was included in the list of messages and memes...several pages collected by the prosecution where he's talking to a girl who told him she just got her driver's license and later on they talk about incorporating more BDSM into their sex life.

It could be that this is just a girl who waited until she was older to get her driver's license, so that's why I say "possible" pedophile...but it's probably more likely that it's a 16 year old...

Plus a shitload of texts that are of a "grooming" nature.

His Google search history is truly a "want to bleach my eyeballs" experience

Yeah, that girl, "Rainbow", was 26.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Yeah, that girl, "Rainbow", was 26.
    Gotcha...then just the parts where he's sending suggestive messages to underage girls and searching for websites to meet underage girls.

Still gonna reserve the right to some side eye.

This guy was no Eli Dickens or Jim Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    This pic brings up a question that all who carry, and live or travel in major urban areas, should consider: How would *you* react to a masked guy within in a crowd that’s surrounding your car shouldering an AK in the same manner and direction as shown above? Again, serious question.
    Confronted with that situation, I hope that I wouldn't hesitate to shoot. That said, I'd be seriously disinclined to allow a hostile crowd to immobilize my vehicle. Obviously a huge part of that strategy is avoiding hostile crowds in the first place. Given no other option, I'm moving out at a walking pace. When windows start breaking, moving at a speed that makes contact with my vehicle relatively inconsequential is off the table.

The question becomes does someone who conducts his life in ways that are far from being a boy scout have the same rights to self defense in the same legal situations as someone who is without blemish.

Quote Originally Posted by JCL View Post
    …I'd be seriously disinclined to allow a hostile crowd to immobilize my vehicle. Obviously a huge part of that strategy is avoiding hostile crowds in the first place. Given no other option, I'm moving out at a walking pace. When windows start breaking, moving at a speed that makes contact with my vehicle relatively inconsequential is off the table.
    Works for me. As Clint Smith says “put the car in drive, and drive away.” He also famously notes that it’s a lot easier to defend bumper rubbing some guy with an AK as one tries to escape than it is putting rounds into him. Maybe it should or shouldn’t be, but it is.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Can I ask a potentially dumb question? Why not just park the car and wait for the mob to pass- while leaving yourself room to scoot if they become specifically hostile.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List