Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LAPD bomb squad explosion

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I'm glad that nobody got killed, but there is something darkly funny about the LAPD blowing up their own bomb truck.
    BDU Commander: "We've put in the budget for a new truck for the last eight years, and it keeps getting turned down."

BDU Sergeant: "Hold my beer..."

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I'm glad that nobody got killed, but there is something darkly funny about the LAPD blowing up their own bomb truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    BDU Commander: "We've put in the budget for a new truck for the last eight years, and it keeps getting turned down."

BDU Sergeant: "Hold my beer..."
    Or:

BDU Tech: "This will work, trust me."

Bomb truck shattering KABOOM.

Everybody: "HOLY FUCK!"

BDU Sgt: "Here's what just happened. We told the ATF guys not to fuck around with that..."
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I never see followup on this sort of stuff. Just what was in those devices that they thought was "unstable?"
    Kind of like the Nashville Bomb, never any mention of what he used.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I never see followup on this sort of stuff. Just what was in those devices that they thought was "unstable?"
    Kind of like the Nashville Bomb, never any mention of what he used.
    1) The reporter probably doesn't care about the technical detail, and is more interested in how everybody felt about it.

2) If the reporter did care, the bomb tech could explain it to the PAO. The PAO could explain it to the reporter. The reporter would hear... words.

3) Sometimes I think the cops hold these things close to the vest, lest they inspire ideas or compromise an investigation.

We used the bomb squad from a large, neighboring metro agency. There was a mutual aid agreement in place. They were having trouble recruiting, I think due to some toxic leadership issues and there was talk of turning it into a multi-agency thing, kind of like what many areas do for SWAT. I have an electronics background and one of the EDU guys was trying to recruit me, to which I responded "I am not going to work on explosives built by amateurs."
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

"Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List