Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Winning with the Manurhin

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I actually did exactly that video minus the Manurhin a bit ago on GAT Daily's YouTube channel:

It's 17 minutes but I try to break down where each revolver sits and what pros/cons each platform has. When I get enough rounds on the MR73 to have a real concrete opinion, I'll do an update.

Great assessment! Thank you.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Thanks. You, sir, are going to cost me money.
    I'm good at that
    Question: With that light of a trigger pull on your 686, will it reliably ignite all primers?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Question: With that light of a trigger pull on your 686, will it reliably ignite all primers?
    It has cracked all Federal, Speer, CCI, Winchester, and Hornady primers. I haven’t tried any other primers in that or its 586 L-Comp twin

Site Supporter
    What's the deal with the blowed up MR73?

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_8969

This was one of the guns that was used in the GIGN assault on the flight by Theirry Prungnaud, who killed two of the hostage takers with this MR73 while getting shot by an AK and getting lightly blown up by a grenade, which also damaged the gun.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    On the day after Christmas of 1994, Captain Thierry Prungnaud of GIGN entered the hijacked Air France Flight 8969 plane, grounded at the Marseille airport. He served as the point shooter, armed with this 5¼" .357 Magnum Manurhin MR73 and backed by his partner Eric carrying a 9mm HK05 submachine gun. Prungnaud killed two Islamist terrorists and wounded a third with his revolver, before taking seven bullets from an AK47 fired by the fourth hijacker. In spite of then absorbing a full complement of grenade shrapnel in his lower body, Prungnaud survived the assault, as also did 171 hostages. Not so the four terrorists, who had been planning to deploy the plane as an incendiary missile against the Eiffel Tower.

Name:  Prungnaud.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  46.6 KB
    Thierry Prungnaud holds in his hands the miniature replica of the outfit he wore on the day of the assault on the Airbus.

More here.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

I didn't win anything for this since it was just practice, but man can this gun shoot. Freestyle, 25 yards, double action only (because single action is for the physically infirm and people who suck at shooting), using Federal 130 grain FMJ ammo. That one 8 ruined an otherwise pretty decent group and it's still a 96. This gun definitely has a hundo in it. I bet if I used better ammo and maybe tuned the trigger a skosh...

Name:  image0.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  41.3 KB

Site Supporter
    This gun definitely has a hundo in it. I bet if I used better ammo and maybe tuned the trigger a skosh...
    You need to hold your mouth right. Your tongue was too far to the right; at one point you realized that and overcompensated and that gave you that 8.

because single action is for the physically infirm and people who suck at shooting)
    Really, because I can shoot a 97 and I'm pretty sure You can't lift my gym bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvia View Post
    Really, because I can shoot a 97 and I'm pretty sure You can't lift my gym bag.
    I shot a 99 with a DA revolver in a MSP/Jared Reston class, and unless your gym bag weighs 300 pounds I’m not worried.

Like I said, SA is for the physically infirm and people who suck at shooting

User Tag List