Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Winning with the Manurhin

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Grocery bags contain groceries and book bags contain books, so I would assume they contain gyms. Little ones, mind you.

(I hereby officially sanction myself, as this is allegedly a technical topic but I'm more and more convinced it's a GD topic.)
    Trying to respond to yet another reported post from this thread... I'm tempted to move this whole mess to General Discussion. Honestly, I can't figure out what this thread is about.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Trying to respond to yet another reported post from this thread... I'm tempted to move this whole mess to General Discussion. Honestly, I can't figure out what this thread is about.
    I was hoping to see Caleb document his experiences with using a Manurin in heavy revolver competition- which would be cool.
    Then a fanboi showed up...
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I was hoping to see Caleb document his experiences with using a Manurin in heavy revolver competition- which would be cool.
    Then a fanboi showed up...
    Maybe that should be in a thread titled Caleb documents his experiences with using a Manurin? I can't see a reason that Zeleny shouldn't comment on the technical aspects of these things in a Revolver sub-forum. HOWEVER, most of the posts from many people seem more like a daycare toddler fight before nap time.

Ok after a brief staff huddle, we've decided to move this thread to General Discussion. Some level of friendly bullshitting seems ok in any thread. Otherwise we would lose the community feel of the forum and the Mods would have to act like nazis. But for technical discussions, there's a line, and I hope everyone can see that we've crossed it.

Carry on...

Well, since it is in General Discussion I can post this directed at @jetfire:

Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this:

Name:  princess bride Zeleny.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  65.6 KB

Next time @jetfire do a thread in the competition technical forum on shooting aspects and when you do the post-match inspection on the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Ok after a brief staff huddle, we've decided to move this thread to General Discussion. Some level of friendly bullshitting seems ok in any thread. Otherwise we would lose the community feel of the forum and the Mods would have to act like nazis. But for technical discussions, there's a line, and I hope everyone can see that we've crossed it.

Carry on...
    Name:  16C8E0E9-941E-4A85-9A9F-6ECE1D61B67B.jpeg
Views: 341
Size:  25.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I think if we looked up "fanboy" in the dictionary, @zeleny would be the illustration.
    Z has 5 of these things. Soon I will contact him to send me one so I can write an article. I write slowly.

Well now that this in GD, there’s nothing in the Manurhin’s design that couldn’t be done more efficiently by using modern parts sourcing and manufacturing methods, based on my 15+ years of actual consulting with product development in the gun industry.

I love it because it’s still made like it’s 1973, but it’s 2021 and the design isn’t particularly special from an engineering standpoint. It could be reproduced more efficiently using modern methods and parts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I love it because it’s still made like it’s 1973, but it’s 2021 and the design isn’t particularly special from an engineering standpoint. It could be reproduced more efficiently using modern methods and parts.
    Yeah, but the more efficiently produced one wouldn't be as cool.

User Tag List