Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 vs Glock 43X

I would try them out. I was set on buying a P365XL until I shot one next to a 43X. I shot the 43X better in every measurable way. Money saved I figured. I still haven’t bought either though and continue to carry a full-size gun everywhere. Go figure.

Big hands here. Switched from 48 to 365XL due to 48 not being appreciably more concealable than my 19.

P365XL was too small for me until the Bore$ight Razorback grip module. Now it’s my Goldilocks gun.

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    365 all day, every day (har har).

Still like 19 over a 320 though.
    I have SO'd several competitors shooting 365s in competitions. They were incredibly accurate for the size of pistol, far better than they should be. I do not believe you will find a Glock without substantial work that is as accurate at the size, be it sights, lockup, trigger, whatever. The total package just appears substantially more accurate than it has any right to be.

And they conceal very well.

Big hands with long fingers.

My primary carry gun is a Glock 19.5.

But there are times, especially in the summer, where a smaller option is nice.

I own a 43x and a 365. I shoot the 365 better while plinking, once I installed the OEM flat faced trigger. With the curved trigger, the 365 was just too small for me.

The 43x is snappy compared to the 365.

For me, both guns are hard to hold onto. Especially when shooting at speed.

I recently bought a S&W M&P Shield Plus. With the flush 10 rd magazine, it prints a bit less than the 43x. And the slight increase in size makes it just big enough for me to hold onto. The increase in girth over the earlier Shields is just enough to matter for my hand size. The new flat trigger in the Shield Plus is nice.

When I shoot the 365 against the 43x, it’s close. Especially when I push myself for speed, shooting while moving, ect. Some days the 365 edges out over the 43x. Some days the 43x wins.

Since I bought the Shield Plus, I’ve noticed so far that I shoot it better than either the 43x or the 365. And that’s with the flush 10 rd mag in the Shield Plus (I can get about half my pinky finger on the magazine floor plate while gripping the gun). When I use the 13 rd mag in the Shield Plus, it’s game over…

I'm going to the Glock corner on this one. I am among those with very big hands, and the 365XL just seemed too small to me.

I didn't have the same good experience with the 365XL trigger on mine. Thought the OEM trigger was horrible, and put an MCarbo spring kit in it, and felt it improved from horrible to terrible.

And I can shoot the Glock better.

Wife and I had a range day with a new 43X MOS and P365. We went into the range trip with the idea of a "shoot-out" between both. Each pistol got 100 rounds of WWB, 50 rounds of Fed Champion Brass, and 20 rounds of Fed Tac 147HST. I wanted to do 500 rounds, but the days of $25 150 packs of Win M882 are but distant memories lads.

100% stock G43X MOS has one of the worst triggers of any Glock I've ever owned. Feels like there is bubblegum in the trigger housing, but good accuracy even with the ball/box sights and turrible trigger. Wife shot it significantly better than the P365. No malfunctions at all including strong/weak hand only.

06/21 manufactured P365 with manual safety and USA-made 10 and 12 round magazines. I'm torn on the P365 trigger. It's either the best worst trigger or the worst best trigger in a striker tupperware model. Like minimal take up, wall, giant speedbump, small gravel pit, clean break, and good reset. I was more accurate with the P365, but wife basically patterned instead of grouped with the P365. No malfunctions at all including strong/weak hand only.

I've taken the P365 and she has the 43X after our range day. Our next thing to do is add TLR-7Subs and try to run 200-300 rounds through them both once 9x19 FMJ gets more reasonable. Prior to the P365, I was one of the biggest critics of Sig Sauer, but I cannot deny the deserve the credit due for the P365.

I have both a standard 365 and a 48. To me shoot-ability is a huge difference between the two and I carry the 48 almost every day and never carry the 365. Part of my bias is my disdain for SIG as a company and the availability of the SCD for the 48. The main thing is in regards to how much better I can shoot the 48. Plus I have never seen the appeal of the 43x. but I carry in in a Dark Star Hitchhiker Longboi so length isn't a issue.

Has anybody put the apex trigger in the 48?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    I had a G48 MOS, G43X MOS, and have a Zev P365(X) Razorback - all with Shield RMSc red dots - and after one year of range work and carry I have sold off the Glocks. My Zev P365 has been 100% reliable and for 12+1 in-gun capacity with 15 round backup mags you can’t beat the size efficiency. I just did a 42 round WA state 25 yard qual the other day and was 420/420. For me, the P365 shoots better than the G19, G48 and G43X and this is coming from a diehard Glock 19 user since 1990.

Name:  37B690B5-8E11-4C9D-977A-A1DBF6AF0311.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  40.6 KBName:  DB433B0B-F2D4-45B1-B6CE-69A8B3D49547.jpg
Views: 1175
Size:  63.5 KB

One on order go see if it carries better in my smartcarry than my 26. Sold the 43 as I didn't need it or want it. Still want to try a 43x, if shield maha work that would be sweet.
    EMS, Rescue, Fire, fun stuff

User Tag List