Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 vs Glock 43X

Sig P365 vs Glock 43X

Looking for honest opinions from those with experience with both. I have a Sig P365 that I run with 12 round magazines. I have not had any issues with it except minor rust issues that I took care of. With some of the QC issues that Sig has had in recent years, it had me wondering if I would like a 43X to be a companion to my Glock 19. I went to a local store and held a 43X for the first time and was impressed with how it felt in my hands. So....those of you that have had experience with both, would you trade a P365 for a 43X? How would you compare the shooting characteristics, safety, and reliability of both?

No, I would not.

If the P365 isn’t giving you any trouble, you shoot it accurately, and are otherwise happy, I’d keep it. My wife’s shot like a laser, although it was a bit small for me in the grip, She had no malfunctions in hers. I enjoyed shooting it. She sold it for other reasons after 400 rounds. It made an awesome pocket carry.

I sold my G43X after idk 600 something malfunction-free rounds. I found it a bit snappy in felt recoil. Trigger was typical. It’s a Glock.

Site Supporter
    I've sold a 48 and 2 43X's. Currently have 4 P365's ( 2 with XL grip modules). I'm a Glock guy, but prefer the Sig option for this size gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I've sold a 48 and 2 43X's. Currently have 4 P365's ( 2 with XL grip modules). I'm a Glock guy, but prefer the Sig option for this size gun.
    same.. have two sig 365x (smaller slide with optic cut from factory and xl grip). A little shorter than a glock 48 grip but holds more rounds and the trigger is leagues better.

I would not trade my P365 for two Glock 43s. (Unless I could sell them and buy two P365s.)

What I did was order a couple of extra extractor assemblies. The extractor spring wore out on mine and it started having failures to extract. Installing a new extractor assembly (extractor & spring) fixed that. Installed a new recoil spring assy at the same time.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

365 all day, every day (har har).

Still like 19 over a 320 though.

I totally get the desire to combine platforms to a single manufacturer, but the P365 is lightyears better than the G43X or G43. I've owned all of them, and wouldn't take a 43 or 43X on a bet if a P365 or XL were available.

Personally, I like the new Shield Plus better than either, though. It's not as "size efficient" as the P365, but I find it more shootable.

To each their and. I much prefer the 43x/48 to the 365. The two main reasons are the 365 is very small in my hand and I struggle to get a good grip out of the holster. The other is being able to use a gadget. Side by side shootabilty isn’t that different for me.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

For me, hand size was the determining factor in selecting the 43X over the 365. I shot a few hundred rounds through a 365 and concluded my man sized hands preferred the larger frame of the 43X. I’m 6’3” 190# so concealing the 43X is no factor. That said, my skinny jean wearing, Soy Boy buddy with hobbit hands prefers the 365. YMMV.

I have a 43, 48 365 and recently picked up a 365XL. I hate Sig for multiple reasons and the Glock 43X/48 grip length and shape are a perfect fit for my hands. However I carry the 365 and 365XL and not the Glocks. The size,weight,reliability and shoot ability all favor the Sigs for me. The only thing the Glock 43X/48 do better for me is speed reloading and that is due to grip length and mag button placement. No issues with any of the guns even the Glocks with Shield S15 mags run well. They just don't shoot as well and the extra grip length is noticeable.

User Tag List