Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Max

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How do you like the M&P 380?

The Gen 1 LCP seems reliable enough and drop safe enough. However, I prefer a true firing pin block.
    They are the most underrated micro .380 IMO, especially if you like DA.

Recoil-operated, real sights, rust-resistant finish, surprisingly very accurate, and the trigger is not bad for a DA polymer trigger. I also forget that is has a legit slide lock on final round which many other pocket .380s do not have. The biggest negative is the reset is a mile long which does make rapid shots harder. Manual safety is great in strong detent, along with inobtrusive if you want to keep if off and no snag. About 500 rounds through one and maybe 200 through the other with no issues (only use Euro FMJ and Hornady XTP). I know small potatoes around here, but no other micro 380s I've owned made it that far sans FTE.

The early Bodyguard .380s were dogs, but the M&P-branded updates made it a great deep concealment piece. AFAIK, the M&P only had a revision to the magazine release from plastic to steel. I still highly recommend them if you like DA triggers and 12oz pistols that disappear in swim shorts in salt-water environments.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post

Recoil-operated, real sights, rust-resistant finish, surprisingly very accurate, and the trigger is not bad for a DA polymer trigger. I also forget that is has a legit slide lock on final round which many other pocket .380s do not have. The biggest negative is the reset is a mile long which does make rapid shots harder. Manual safety is great in strong detent, along with inobtrusive if you want to keep if off and no snag. About 500 rounds through one and maybe 200 through the other with no issues (only use Euro FMJ and Hornady XTP). I know small potatoes around here, but no other micro 380s I've owned made it that far sans FTE.

The early Bodyguard .380s were dogs, but the M&P-branded updates made it a great deep concealment piece. AFAIK, the M&P only had a revision to the magazine release from plastic to steel. I still highly recommend them if you like DA triggers and 12oz pistols that disappear in swim shorts in salt-water environments.

Awesome. Sounds niffty.

Can you put your thumb over the back to block hammer movement?

I’m just not feeling it. To be honest my 42 has pretty much completely overtaken my LCP for pocket carry, and anything bigger would be a 9. I reserve the right to revisit it later, though - if it’s as shootable as my 42, I could get interested.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I don't want to drift too far, but that post about the M&P Bodyguard courtesy of @Wonder9 is appreciated. I had heard negative comments about the lifespan of those guns, so it's nice to hear from a P-Fer with experience.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    I stopped at one of many local gun stores here in Fayetteville to see if they had the new LCP Max but ended up putting a new Kel-Tec P32 on lay-away. I figure if I want small then get small and I haven't seen one in a store for awhile.

Name:  20210702_095557.jpg
Views: 1483
Size:  38.0 KB
    --Jason--

If it uses the same barrel as the other LCPs...I'll get one. Because I have a spare .32NAA LCP barrel hanging around (in addition to the one in my gun already).

A 12+1 .32NAA blaster - would be a great little weekend carry gun with real sights. Would LOVE it if Ruger made an LCP1 MAX, but I don't see it happening.

I find a Centennial J Frame to be the overall best pocket gun, all things considered, but it has two disadvantages over the LCP... Capacity and size.
    For an NPE environment the LCP definitely has the edge but as a stand alone weapon the two extra rounds of the LCP were not enough to sway me over my 642.
    This new Max changes that equation and I can see myself picking one up for the rare occasions that I'm only carrying in my pocket. 11 or 13 rounds of .380 on tap is a lot more encouraging than 5 wad-cutters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post

I have a couple Bodyguard 380s and they have worked well with the Magguts +1

If this thing is actually around the size of the single stack LCP, that’s awesome. Should make for a great ankle gun or pocket gun. That’s a lot of capacity for a tiny package.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List