Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Max

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I received mine from GT Distributors last week. To say it's a disappointment is an understatement. Rattles like a maraca, trigger is about 11 pounds, shoots patterns (6-8" - not even minute of pie plate) and driving the dot sight shoots 5-6" low at 10 yards.

Not sure if these are problems with the pistol, or it's just a cheap ass Ruger. I'll probably jump through the hoops to have it sent back to Ruger after I get back from my next trip.
    Mine rattles too but I generally don't care about things like that.

Trigger is long but light.

Accuracy isn't bad. Whats really annoying is the trigger slap. I have a hard time getting through a box of ammo. Don't have that problem with the LCP

Target is 6 inches. Distance is ...idk. Whatever that looks like

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Looks are subjective for distance with nothing much for
    reference but shell casing's, 10+/-yds? not bad for a pocket gun.

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Mine rattles too but I generally don't care about things like that.

Trigger is long but light.

Accuracy isn't bad. Whats really annoying is the trigger slap. I have a hard time getting through a box of ammo. Don't have that problem with the LCP

Target is 6 inches. Distance is ...idk. Whatever that looks like

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I wrap a piece of masking tape around my trigger finger tip for extended hooting with my LCP2.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post

Trigger slap/pinch was really my only issue with the pistol. Eventually I had to just suck it up and install the Galloway trigger shoe which resolved all issues. It shortens stroke which I don't really like, but that pinch was annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Trigger slap/pinch was really my only issue with the pistol. Eventually I had to just suck it up and install the Galloway trigger shoe which resolved all issues. It shortens stroke which I don't really like, but that pinch was annoying.
    The pinch is what I noticed. No other issues at all. Mine has run a flawless 200 round of FMJ and HP. Pretty much my summertime carry now. Might looking into the Galloway trigger.

I received mine from GT Distributors last week. To say it's a disappointment is an understatement. Rattles like a maraca, trigger is about 11 pounds, shoots patterns (6-8" - not even minute of pie plate) and driving the dot sight shoots 5-6" low at 10 yards.

Not sure if these are problems with the pistol, or it's just a cheap ass Ruger. I'll probably jump through the hoops to have it sent back to Ruger after I get back from my next trip.
    My father got one the first week it was available, we've put maybe 200 rounds through it so far.
    No issues like you've described, other than it rattles.
    Then again the max range we've shot it at has been 35 ft, with most shooting at less than that.
    The large front sight and generous rear sight notch are easy to pick up bit I have a hard time being able to get good groups at 35 feet, the sights cover too much of the target and it floats too much in the rear sight to get a consistent read.

Update: when I got back from my trip two weeks ago, I remembered I had this thing tucked away. Contacted Ruger and told them what we were observing, and they sent me a shipping label. It came back to me today, 8 calendar days from when I shipped it. Whole top end was replaced, it's now not rattly at all. The trigger still blows chunks, but they included a test target showing a 1.05" five shot group at 7 yards. They also threw in two brand new magazines (I sent it in with one).

Range on Friday will see if this upgraded pistol is worth the effort or not.

Hammertime
    Update: when I got back from my trip two weeks ago, I remembered I had this thing tucked away. Contacted Ruger and told them what we were observing, and they sent me a shipping label. It came back to me today, 8 calendar days from when I shipped it. Whole top end was replaced, it's now not rattly at all. The trigger still blows chunks, but they included a test target showing a 1.05" five shot group at 7 yards. They also threw in two brand new magazines (I sent it in with one).

Range on Friday will see if this upgraded pistol is worth the effort or not.
    Hope it works out. It has become my most carried pistol. It's not a Glock, but it is super convenient.

After handling a Max-9 at a LGS I rented one and found that either the trigger guard is really small, the trigger sits really forward or my fingers are really, really fat. With my trigger finger indexed on the side of the frame at low ready, I had a hard time getting my finger on the trigger without fumbling around which isn’t an issue with a Shield or .38 revolver.

Anyone else had that problem?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Am I the only one that carries a LCP max in appendix instead of a pocket?

I have a minimalist holster that I use in the appendix position when I’m out jogging or chasing my daughter around in the yard. Super lightweight and can attach to shorts or sweats. I use the 12 rd mag and don’t notice the weight difference.

It’s not my EDC gun but like I said, great when wearing athletic shorts.

Just wish the finish was better.
    You're not. Deets! We need deets.

also @pastaslinger

For the application I'm looking at I didn't want a DCC monoblock. I wanted a DCC behind the belt option, and was able to get a standard DCC clip onto this. https://www.desantisholster.com/pegasus-kydex/slim-tuk/
    All I need to do now is play around with some spacers and cut one JMCK screw for an AIWB down to length.

No idea why it's such a pain to find a holster for the LCP MAX that takes DCC standard or behind the belt clips.
    Last edited by SLUZENE; 10-16-2022 at 07:58 PM.

User Tag List