Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Max

I don't carry my LCP1 G2 much, but it's my mousegun of choice. The only reason I sometimes settle for .380 is that it's in a really tiny gun. The LCP2 Max is 1/2" taller (grip to top of sights) than the LCP1. That's not a trivial difference for NPE carry, but I admit to being interested--in a few years when the bugs are worked out by early adopters.

I like the DAO aspect of the LCP, and with a thumb on the back of the slide, the mini-hammer provides decent SCD-like feedback on holstering.

EDIT: the weight difference is unimportant to me. Tiny is what I'm looking for in a mousegun.
    "BJJ is sort of like nonconsensual yoga"
    "You don’t really graduate from certain problems or certain things… like you always have to work on trigger control and pulling the trigger straight. " --Ben Stoeger 1/24/2018

I wonder if Ruger bothered to put a hammer block safety in this version.

^ No

Really wish they had one then it would be about perfect. I still love my original lcp though.

That slide on a regular LCP2 would be the heir to the combination of small .380 with great sights that the LCP Custom once was.

For now, I shall continue rocking a G42 for my .380 needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Well, thank goodness I didn't run out and buy that blue label G42 yesterday!
    I bought a Blue Label G42 Saturday.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    This is cool, and congrats to Ruger, but sometimes I feel like only jackass around who prefers actual TDA on these sort of guns.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    This is cool, and congrats to Ruger, but sometimes I feel like only jackass around who prefers actual TDA on these sort of guns.

There are more of us jackasses than you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    There are more of us jackasses than you might think.
    +2

I went with the M&P 380 specifically for the DA trigger, firing pin block, and melonite finish for a dedicated pocket pistol.

That’s why I swear by my Taurus Curve.
    Pointing at cardboard things.... CO GM, working on PCC and Open

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    +2

I went with the M&P 380 specifically for the DA trigger, firing pin block, and melonite finish for a dedicated pocket pistol.

How do you like the M&P 380?

The Gen 1 LCP seems reliable enough and drop safe enough. However, I prefer a true firing pin block.

User Tag List