Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Max

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    What loadings are y’all carrying in the LCP Max or maybe more appropriately what loads would you like to find for yours ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have Hornady critical defense loaded based on the probably imperfect lucky gunner data

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    I have Hornady critical defense loaded based on the probably imperfect lucky gunner data
    Hornady's own data shows just over 10" of penetration after passing through heavy clothing.

https://www.hornadyle.com/handgun-am...o-90-gr-ftx#!/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Vending Machine Operator
    What loadings are y’all carrying in the LCP Max or maybe more appropriately what loads would you like to find for yours ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've always carried the 90 grain Speer Gold Dot load. I know there is better stuff out there, I just trust ATK/Speer after carrying it in all my calibers with no issues for so many years. Everything I carry is HST or Gold Dot.

If I could get my hands on that 99-grain HST I'd switch, but that stuff is vapor in this ammo market, at least enough to train and check reliability with. I already had plenty of 90-grain American Eagle FMJ for practice and 90-grain Gold Dot for carry on-hand, so that's what we're doing for now.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Hammertime
    100 more trouble free rounds after sitting in the pocket gathering dust for a month. I really like this pistol.

Hammertime
    Living dangerously with whatever ball round I happen to load in it after range time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Hornady's own data shows just over 10" of penetration after passing through heavy clothing.

https://www.hornadyle.com/handgun-am...o-90-gr-ftx#!/

Not sure what the right answer is, I've seen a couple places test the Hornady CD load to over 12" penetration despite what the Hornady website cites. The list of expanding rounds that penetrate 12"+ in .380 is very small on any list. One could certainly carry ball but I choose to carry a round that at least in some testing does both, and on top of that and possibly more importantly, I can trust to have a higher degree of quality control versus range ball ammo.

Wilson Combat has their version of the Hornady XTP in stock if someone is needing self-defense stuff.

Hammertime

Mea Culpa

I owe Ruger a gigantic apology. I was cleaning my office today and underneath some stuff in the corner I found the inner recoil spring that was missing from my Max.

Name:  0129FBA8-673C-455F-88ED-92ED577E0BEB.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  16.3 KB

It must have come out and fallen on the floor when I field stripped the pistol at my desk just after buying it, but prior to taking it out to shoot for the first time and I reassembled it without noticing. Mea culpa big time!

Amazing it still sorta worked!

Anyone have a decent AIWB holster for these? Preferably one with a DCC clip, or something like the DSG metal clip.

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    Anyone have a decent AIWB holster for these? Preferably one with a DCC clip, or something like the DSG metal clip.
    I saw Tulster is making an adjustable cant IWB for these, the option to order a DCC clip is available on their site as well.

User Tag List