Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Max

A recent review:

https://www.outdoorlife.com/guns/rug...0-auto-review/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Vending Machine Operator
    Been pocketing an LCP for 12 years straight now, any time the PPS/G43/Shield/Shield 2.0 didn’t work. This finally made me upgrade. Didn’t fit my Nemesis so I’m still holster hunting and using the basic one that came with it, but there’s the sole complaint. I really, REALLY love it. Even with the 12+1 mag it’s very pocketable. With the 10+1 inserted and the 12+ in the other pocket it’s a barely noticeable size and weight increase for substantially more rounds, and the big front night sight is fantastic. Trigger is miles ahead of my ancient LCP too. This is still a pocket gun but I can actually shoot it decently too.

It needs to be run a bit more for me to trust it, and it’ll be some years before I trust it as much as the platform I’ve carried since I got a CCW, but my first impressions are very positive. Still carry my Shield 9 (soon to be Shield Plus) or G19G5 when clothing, weather, and environment permits, but the LCP Max represents a continuation of why I’ve loved the LCP for more than a decade, to wit: you really can carry it almost anywhere, and that counts for all the safe queens in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Been pocketing an LCP for 12 years straight now, any time the PPS/G43/Shield/Shield 2.0 didn’t work. This finally made me upgrade. Didn’t fit my Nemesis so I’m still holster hunting and using the basic one that came with it, but there’s the sole complaint. I really, REALLY love it. Even with the 12+1 mag it’s very pocketable. With the 10+1 inserted and the 12+ in the other pocket it’s a barely noticeable size and weight increase for substantially more rounds, and the big front night sight is fantastic. Trigger is miles ahead of my ancient LCP too. This is still a pocket gun but I can actually shoot it decently too.

It needs to be run a bit more for me to trust it, and it’ll be some years before I trust it as much as the platform I’ve carried since I got a CCW, but my first impressions are very positive. Still carry my Shield 9 (soon to be Shield Plus) or G19G5 when clothing, weather, and environment permits, but the LCP Max represents a continuation of why I’ve loved the LCP for more than a decade, to wit: you really can carry it almost anywhere, and that counts for all the safe queens in the world.

I always thought the original LCP trigger was fine for the likely task. As odd as it may sound I think the trigger in the LCP II and Max are better than they should be...

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I always thought the original LCP trigger was fine for the likely task. As odd as it may sound I think the trigger in the LCP II and Max are better than they should be...

I absolutely understand this sentiment. I would prefer it a pound or two heavier if it wanted to act like a striker. Maybe like the SD9VE trigger.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    My LCP bought years ago is set up with heavier springs and a stainless guide rod. With Buffalo Bore's hotter hard cast ammo the little pistol might suffice as a last ditch defense weapon. I would enjoy owning the latest version but would not forget that the round is still a .380.

Site Supporter
    Yesterday I examined the newest LCP version mentioned in the thread and clearly see why it has generated such enthusiasm. Carried in a minimalist owb holster to keep it out of the way, it might serve well as a fisherman's companion.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Yesterday I examined the newest LCP version mentioned in the thread and clearly see why it has generated such enthusiasm. Carried in a minimalist owb holster to keep it out of the way, it might serve well as a fisherman's companion.
    For OWB I'd recommend going with a G42 for more shootability... Just my 2¢.

Site Supporter
    Hey, Gear. You're applying logic, and I'm trying to justify buying something I don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Hey, Gear. You're applying logic, and I'm trying to justify buying something I don't need.
    Mea Culpa... Please carry on, good sir. I really should have known better.

What loadings are y’all carrying in the LCP Max or maybe more appropriately what loads would you like to find for yours ?

User Tag List