Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Max

Thought I should share this:

A friend of mine picked up a Max, put 50rds through it and has chirped happily about it since. He lives out in the country and has been keeping it in his back pocket (condition 3) as his around-the-house pistol. Over the weekend, he managed to dislodge it while standing on his patio and the OEM extended mag's base plate broke into pieces and scattered the rounds. He is much less enthused about the pistol now and has reverted to carrying his G42.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post

A friend of mine picked up a Max, put 50rds through it and has chirped happily about it since. He lives out in the country and has been keeping it in his back pocket (condition 3) as his around-the-house pistol. Over the weekend, he managed to dislodge it while standing on his patio and the OEM extended mag's base plate broke into pieces and scattered the rounds. He is much less enthused about the pistol now and has reverted to carrying his G42.
    Dislodge it as in drop it? Was it loose in a back pocket or in a holster? It broke - as in the plastic snapped or the baseplate came off and the spring, follower, and rounds dumped out ? Just curious. Have been considering one… thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. My use for the G42 is centered around ankle and tucked IWB carry, so it looks like I'll skip the LCP Max as its attributes seem prioritized for pocket carry while the G42 seems more optimal for my use.
    I would pick the G42 for that application without hesitation over the LCP max.

The mags seem, well, frail. I have had the follower on the single mag that came with the gun come out in front a few times. I just obtained nine more so we will see.

Got mine back, they replaced the slide, big improvememt, though they didn't bother to drift the sight into the center it’s way over to the right! Now the trigger feels way different, seems like it’s breaking almost all the way to the rear at more than 10 lbs. I am gonna shoot It, but will probably send it back? We’ll see, what a PIA.

Wouldn't using the flush fit 10 round mag mitigate that?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Hammertime
    I got it weighed in today:

Loaded with 11 95 grain and in a Nemesis pocket holster: 15.2 oz. Or 1.38oz/round. The only pistol I can think of that is lighter for the load is the .22 version of the LCP, which is 2 oz lighter loaded.

Without the holster it sits at 14.1oz loaded.

I am carrying it today and can't say I notice either the bulk or the weight over the usual gen 1 LCP Nemesis combination that is 1.4 oz lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    Dislodge it as in drop it? Was it loose in a back pocket or in a holster? It broke - as in the plastic snapped or the baseplate came off and the spring, follower, and rounds dumped out ? Just curious. Have been considering one… thanks.
    I asked, he answered:

No holster. He sits on the porch of a morning to have a smoke with his coffee. He stood up and took a couple of steps which is when the pistol fell to the patio.

He misspoke when he said the baseplate shattered, the back, right corner of the baseplate took the impact (there's a small chip missing) and it was pushed all the way off the mag body, spilling all contents.

He's not convinced the results would have been any different with the 10rd mag and is considering adding a dab of adhesive to all of his remaining OEM baseplates.

For the record, I'm not shitting the Max and I do like how it feels in the hand. I don't have any plans to get one as I don't have much need for pocket carry (except for doing yardwork and my .22 LCR fills that role). That said, an original LCP in a pocket holster was my daily companion in a work NPE for a few years and I'm still here to tell about it.

No holster? He likes a more exciting lifestyle than I care for.

Site Supporter
    I asked, he answered:

No holster. He sits on the porch of a morning to have a smoke with his coffee. He stood up and took a couple of steps which is when the pistol fell to the patio.

He misspoke when he said the baseplate shattered, the back, right corner of the baseplate took the impact (there's a small chip missing) and it was pushed all the way off the mag body, spilling all contents.

He's not convinced the results would have been any different with the 10rd mag and is considering adding a dab of adhesive to all of his remaining OEM baseplates.

For the record, I'm not shitting the Max and I do like how it feels in the hand. I don't have any plans to get one as I don't have much need for pocket carry (except for doing yardwork and my .22 LCR fills that role). That said, an original LCP in a pocket holster was my daily companion in a work NPE for a few years and I'm still here to tell about it.
    Is there any chance the magazine was incorrectly assembled with the dimple in the floorplate not within the hole in the baseplate?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    No holster? He likes a more exciting lifestyle than I care for.
    Condition 3, though: the only way to no-holster pocket carry.

User Tag List