Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Max

New mag received from Ruger. No range time yet. Spring seems a little stronger than the original but maybe that's imaginary.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I thought with all your other testing and hard data you would have a magazine spring testing fixture and the various mags tested.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    I thought with all your other testing and hard data you would have a magazine spring testing fixture and the various mags tested.
    I know, right?

Unfortunately all I have for testing is an arthritic thumb.

Same experience as Tokarev, slide locks back on last shot consistently, but not when empty and dry firing. Slide seem to have weird discoloration kinda rust like or poorly coated on one side. The other side the slide cuts are machined poorly with shards of fine metal forming little splinter like strands. Poor QC, plan on calling them.

Overall, great design and concept. Actually makes more sense than P365. Others should explore this micro size and capacity.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Same experience as Tokarev, slide locks back on last shot consistently, but not when empty and dry firing. Slide seem to have weird discoloration kinda rust like or poorly coated on one side. The other side the slide cuts are machined poorly with shards of fine metal forming little splinter like strands. Poor QC, plan on calling them.

Overall, great design and concept. Actually makes more sense than P365. Others should explore this micro size and capacity.

Dave
    My slide also has a sort of reddish tint to it in sunlight although machining is nice. No complaints in that regard.

Why do you say it makes more sense than a P365? Not that eleven rounds of anything is bad but given the slight increase I think 9 is probably the better overall choice no?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    My slide also has a sort of reddish tint to it in sunlight although machining is nice. No complaints in that regard.

Why do you say it makes more sense than a P365? Not that eleven rounds of anything is bad but given the slight increase I think 9 is probably the better overall choice no?

For me maybe, I was shocked at how small, controllable, great sights, decent shooting it is. Slips in pocket, IWB. Just really taken. Not that worried it is “9 short.” Lastly, while a bit rough, it worked!

Dave

Just bumping for any more impressions now that a few weekends have trickled by; this little thing is really appealing to me.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Anyone seeing any rust or anything yet from daily carry?

I'm wearing mine in the little factory-included holster. Usually appendix with or without an undershirt.

The mag release and a bit of the slide have been in direct contact with sweaty skin quite a bit as a result. So far the finish on these areas is holding up well.

Hammertime
    I picked one up. Out of the box impressions are very favorable. I like the form factor. It seems well built, and I was surprised to see the night sight.

The grip isn't as big as my Hogue Handall equipped classic LCP.

The length with a ten round magazine is just perfect for a three finger hold. I usually use the pinky mag plate on my pocket LCP along with the Hogue grip.

It looks like it needs nothing, but I really have my suspicion that while the sights are really pretty superb for shooting, they are less than ideal for pocket carry. I anticipate the rear banging holes through pants and the front grabbing on to pocket holsters and fouling the draw.

I have a reasonable supply of 380 laying around and am gonna 2000 round test this sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    It looks like it needs nothing, but I really have my suspicion that while the sights are really pretty superb for shooting, they are less than ideal for pocket carry. I anticipate the rear banging holes through pants and the front grabbing on to pocket holsters and fouling the draw.
    I just use kydex hook-type holsters for pocket carry, problem solved. They cover the sights, so no tearing.

User Tag List