Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Max

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Very different pics... I wonder if tokarev has a broken part
    Okay. So no rolling production change. Just a weird shadow cast by the follower during camera flash.

Anyway if I push the follower over and down I can get it under the slide catch. It will then lock the slide open and continues to do so until I drop and reinsert the empty mag.

Just enough slop in the follower to pop past the catch.

So the next question. What happens during live fire?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Okay. So no rolling production change. Just a weird shadow cast by the follower during camera flash.

Anyway if I push the follower over and down I can get it under the slide catch. It will then lock the slide open and continues to do so until I drop and reinsert the empty mag.

Just enough slop in the follower to pop past the catch.

So the next question. What happens during live fire?

Maybe I don't understand what is happening but to my current understanding of what you are saying how could the follower get in that position if there are rounds in the magazine during live fire? Wouldn't the follower be well below the point to get caught? Obviously on the last round once it is cleared from the magazine the situation could happen. Am I missing something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Yeah I have mixed feelings about this little blaster. A cool gun but what does it do better than an LCP or LCP II? And then what's it offer over a P365 or 938?
    I went to a class where the minimum acceptable magazine capacity was 12. I ran it with G42 and ETS magazines. As for P365, it's a different caliber, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    I went to a class where the minimum acceptable magazine capacity was 12. I ran it with G42 and ETS magazines. As for P365, it's a different caliber, duh.
    The longer I'm on P-F the more often I find a use for the "ignore user" function. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    For belt carry I would agree with you, however pocket carry is a very different story.

The shorter slide, and equally important, the narrower width, plus the lighter weight, make all the difference between a pocket pistol and a pocket brick. And the angled rear of the slide is another big plus.
    I can put a 365 in my pocket but living with it there is not much fun, and reliably drawing it quickly and smoothly is questionable at best.
    This is my fathers logic. He has a Shield 9mm, which is also not massively bigger, but the weight and shape make it a poor pocket gun.
    He was initially looking at the LCP II .22lr, but reliability and the weird safety on it pushed him to this once it was available.
    Cost was another factor. The P365 was simply outside his price range.

We will see on whether recoil is a an issue, as we are waiting on ammo.
    I do know it is a concern for him, as he feels his Shield is the lower limit on size he is willing to tolerate 9mm recoil at.

I dont know how it compares with 9mm options on the market in terms of size and weight, but in person this thing is tiny. Weight, at least empty, feels less that than my 351c.
    I have only handled a 365 at the gun store, but my recollection was of it being larger than the LCP Max, but then I wasn't directly comparing them, so my memory could be wrong.

My brother in law has the LCP II, and it's not all that much bigger than my FN 1905 .25acp.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Top - 642, LCR 9
    LCP Max
    Bottom - Beretta Bobcat .22, PSP-25 (Baby Browning)

Name:  5103D855-5081-4C7F-91C6-658F7657BC20.jpg
Views: 1092
Size:  77.8 KB

Top - Original LCP with slide dovetailed and rear/front sights added
    Middle - LCP Custom, LCP II with Hogue grip
    Middle single - LCP .22
    LCP Max

Name:  D111F9FA-382E-45AD-B165-9A64C88D8C32.jpg
Views: 1073
Size:  82.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by vaspence View Post

LCP .22
    LCP Max
    Nice little collection.

I find it somewhat interesting that the only LCP variant with an external safety is the .22 LR model.

Issue of slide not locking open potentially identified...

I managed to purchase two boxes of Ammo Inc JHP ammo. I still haven't shot the Max yet but here's what I'm seeing now with ammo:

Inserting an empty mag into the pistol and retracting the slide results in no slide lock.

Inserting a mag with one round in it, clambering the round, and them retracting the slide results in slide lock.

I believe having ammo in the mag better locates the follower thereby allowing the follower to come up underneath the tab on the slide stop. Will it work in live fire? I believe it will.

Additionally, I have contacted Ruger and sent them a few pics. They should be sending me a replacement magazine if they haven't already.

Weights for comparison.

380 Max with mag and 10 + 1 of 90 gr ammo 14.8 ounces.

P365 with mag and 10 + 1 of 115 gr ammo 23.2 ounces.

User Tag List