Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Max

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Looks like the Max is about half an inch taller. That might make a substantial difference for pocket carry. I’m interested in hearing people’s impressions once they have some time with the gun.

Most days, I pocket carry a p365. The hardest thing to hide is the grip. Looks like the grip on the Ruger is not much shorter than the Sig. Below is a link to the comparison charts:

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...-ruger-lcp-max

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Most days, I pocket carry a p365. The hardest thing to hide is the grip. Looks like the grip on the Ruger is not much shorter than the Sig. Below is a link to the comparison charts:

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...-ruger-lcp-max
    That is a nifty comparison tool.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I like my P-32 for extreme NPE's and times I am wearing shorts or a swim suit with no belt. It really likes Fiocchi FMJ. Reliable and the COL fills the magazine so rimlock is avoided.
    I bought a cheap phone case to disguise my P-32 in my front pocket.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I bought a cheap phone case to disguise my P-32 in my front pocket.
    That is interesting but I am having a hard time visualizing exactly what you did there. I'm using a Desantis Nemisis holster

Site Supporter
    The DeSantis SuperFly is the same as the Nemesis but also has an anti-print panel. That panel adds little to the total bulk, but really does make a difference in concealment, even for front pocket carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    That is interesting but I am having a hard time visualizing exactly what you did there. I'm using a Desantis Nemisis holster
    Back when I was able to attend church(pre-covid) I was waiting for my wife and watching everyone leave. A majority of the men carry their phone in a front pocket(or what looks like a phone). I thought why can't a phone case be used to hide a small gun? This is a work in progress; probably, "prototype" three. I don't recommend it if this is your only carry gun because the draw is slow. It's a mish-mash of stuff but I think with the right kydex holster attached to the phone case it would work better. I think if there was a hinge at the bottom to allow a better grip in the pocket it would give a faster draw, but, my opinion is this isn't a "quick draw" gun. It's a back up, to my back up. Do I need it? No, but I like guns and Freedom.

The phone case was $2.00. I had the Uncle Mike's soft case but it's for a revolver. It's too big so I ordered the appropriate size which arrives tomorrow. I am looking at kydex trigger guards and holsters to replace the soft case. I prefer a closed bottom holster to keep the lint out. I may try the ol' homemade milk jug holster because it's thin and easy to work.
    I have a pocket shield to try if I don't like how the phone case works.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The DeSantis SuperFly is the same as the Nemesis but also has an anti-print panel. That panel adds little to the total bulk, but really does make a difference in concealment, even for front pocket carry.

I have seen those online but have never tried one. May have to try one.

Pretty clever Blades!

I have seen those online but have never tried one. May have to try one.
    I’ve had one a couple weeks I’ve been using with a S&W Bodyguard 380. It seems to be working well with lighter weight pants, it looks like a wallet in the pocket.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

I tried one with a G42 but in my jeans it was too bulky. It looked like I had a paperback book in my pocket. I should try again with my P-32. Good thing is there on Amazon, so if it doesn't work I can send it back.
    --Jason--

User Tag List