Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Max

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Condition 3, though: the only way to no-holster pocket carry.
    10-4... You mentioned that and I immediately forgot.

Picked up one today. As unfun to shoot as the LCP II I parted ways with years ago. Once I put a sufficient number of rounds through it to be satisfied with functionality it will be my “carry rarely, shoot rarely because I don’t like pocket guns” pocket gun. It did make me appreciate my G43Xs and G45 all the more.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Is there any chance the magazine was incorrectly assembled with the dimple in the floorplate not within the hole in the baseplate?
    I asked this as well, so he brought 4 mags to the office for me to examine. The offending gut spiller has a scratches & a nice groove of missing plastic along the back edge where it made contact with the concrete and pushed itself forward and off the mag body. The dimple on the OEM 12rd mags is entirely visible through the baseplate, so he's sure it was properly assembled.

Handling both a fully loaded and an empty 12rd mag, it felt like I could push the baseplates off with my thumb. I didn't push hard enough to break anything, but it moved so far forward on the mag body that I'm sure just a little more pressure would have sent it flying. Conversely, the baseplates on the 10rd didn't have any give on them.

I look forward to shooting one at some point, if I were looking for a pocket gun, this would still be near the top of my list; the sights are a terrific improvement and I don't hate the trigger at all.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I asked this as well, so he brought 4 mags to the office for me to examine. The offending gut spiller has a scratches & a nice groove of missing plastic along the back edge where it made contact with the concrete and pushed itself forward and off the mag body. The dimple on the OEM 12rd mags is entirely visible through the baseplate, so he's sure it was properly assembled.

Handling both a fully loaded and an empty 12rd mag, it felt like I could push the baseplates off with my thumb. I didn't push hard enough to break anything, but it moved so far forward on the mag body that I'm sure just a little more pressure would have sent it flying. Conversely, the baseplates on the 10rd didn't have any give on them.

I look forward to shooting one at some point, if I were looking for a pocket gun, this would still be near the top of my list; the sights are a terrific improvement and I don't hate the trigger at all.
    Based on your findings, it appears that sticking with 10 round magazines would be wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Which Aholster should fit the max? The LCP II or LCP version? Or are they the same?

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Which Aholster should fit the max? The LCP II or LCP version? Or are they the same?
    I emailed Aholster this same question Friday…neither without you modifying it. That said, I’ll probably order from Alabama Holster as they make one that fits the Max for the same price.

Hammertime
    200 more rounds. The first 100 rapid fire as fast as I could change mags. The rest shot by other people including some very inexperienced shooters.

Zero problems. I think it is a keeper.

650 total now.

Hammertime
    I haven’t had time to put more rounds through the LCP MAX but, I have daily pocket carried it for a few weeks, including a nine mile hike yesterday. It is utterly easy to live with in the pocket. Just as easy as it’s 6 round capacity brethren.

For me this gun solves the pocket carry or “I don’t want to carry a gun” niche.

It is also nice that the LCP 22 shares mag capacity and trigger feel for the most part. It makes for a nice 22 trainer option.

Mine has ran flawlessly so far … but no aluminum or steel case has been tried…. But I never use’um or buy’em anyway ..
    Carries like any ultra small 380

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I stopped at one of many local gun stores here in Fayetteville to see if they had the new LCP Max but ended up putting a new Kel-Tec P32 on lay-away. I figure if I want small then get small and I haven't seen one in a store for awhile.

Attachment 73763
    I like my P-32 for extreme NPE's and times I am wearing shorts or a swim suit with no belt. It really likes Fiocchi FMJ. Reliable and the COL fills the magazine so rimlock is avoided.

User Tag List