Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Max

Quote Originally Posted by SLUZENE View Post
    You're not. Deets! We need deets.

also @pastaslinger

For the application I'm looking at I didn't want a DCC monoblock. I wanted a DCC behind the belt option, and was able to get a standard DCC clip onto this. https://www.desantisholster.com/pegasus-kydex/slim-tuk/
    All I need to do now is play around with some spacers and cut one JMCK screw for an AIWB down to length.

No idea why it's such a pain to find a holster for the LCP MAX that takes DCC standard or behind the belt clips.
    Pics please & thanks!

@jandbj

Name:  000000003.jpg
Views: 2033
Size:  59.8 KB
    Name:  000004.jpg
Views: 1554
Size:  38.9 KB

have not carried it yet of course. need to get some proper spacers and cut down the screw. retention is decent and adjustable but the desantis does not have that great retention "pop" like you'll get from a holster from JMCK, Tenicor, etc.
    Last edited by SLUZENE; 10-21-2022 at 07:00 PM.

Hammertime
    Put my six month old cheapo ball carry ammo and 5 more mags through the Max yesterday. Zero issues. I had pity on it and cleaned it as it was pretty linty from 8 months of pocket carry and no shooting.

Recommended!

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Put my six month old cheapo ball carry ammo and 5 more mags through the Max yesterday. Zero issues. I had pity on it and cleaned it as it was pretty linty from 8 months of pocket carry and no shooting.

Recommended!
    My most recent shoot with my LCP Max was also after several months of maintenance-free pocket carry and was also flawless. It's a great little blaster. I find the slightly fatter body makes it a LOT more pleasant to shoot than the LCP for very little increase in size and weight.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    My most recent shoot with my LCP Max was also after several months of maintenance-free pocket carry and was also flawless. It's a great little blaster. I find the slightly fatter body makes it a LOT more pleasant to shoot than the LCP for very little increase in size and weight.
    I finally just unloaded my LCP classic and Glock 43 from the quick access safe and put them in the storage safe. This pistol has supplanted them. I may have gotten lucky, but my experience with this crappy Ruger is much better than expected.

I like it, just might have to pick one up for those times real light carry is better suited for conditions.

My first on kinda shitty, poor QC, my latest has been flawless. Like all my little Rugers, LCP G2, LCP II .22 amd Max.

I passed my range test last week and am waiting for my CHL, so as soon as it arrives I plan on getting the LCP Max as a gift to myself. I had planned on getting one last year but decided to wait and I am thinking about getting the Davidson’s Exclusive Ruger LCP MAX Elite so does anyone have this particular model?

So I picked up a LCP Max to replace my original LCP. Main reasons… more ammo and better sights.

My LCP has all of it’s magazines converted to 7 rounds with the Magguts conversions. Very happy with them and always worked 100%.

So I got 3 extra 10 rounders and 3 12 rounders for the LCP Max. Noticed that 2 of the 3 12 rounders would not lock the slide back. Went to compare the followers and this jumped out at me…

The two that weren’t locking the slide back had shorter magazine springs. Grab a 10 rounder… it’s the same spring. [emoji849] Just let Ruger know, and asked for them to send two correct springs so I can get those magazines running correctly.

My LCP runs the CT laser grip. While I could aim with the irons, it isn’t optimal. I’m not a fan of depending on the laser, but the LCP isn’t something I’m going to shoot across a supermarket with. The LCP Max sights aren’t great… but you can use them. Leaps/bounds better than the original ones.

Trigger is nice, but it definitely isn’t DAO. Feels pretty close to a striker. Size isn’t that much more than my LCP… especially since I run the Hogue grip that fits in the hammer spring cap. I do like the feel of the frame and slide. The ears at the rear of the slide are also pretty good. Slide serrations are good. Functioning slide lock is awesome. Also noticed that unlike the original LCP, the non-extended 10 round bases feel better than the one with the extended grip.

I have a few holsters on order… belt and pocket. Also have some parts from MCARBO (springs, trigger, upgraded slide lock pin and guide rod). Once I get them and try the gun out to confirm function… I’ll be sending it to CCR for plating the metal. I learned this with my original LCP… my battery acid sweat rusts within a day. Will be doing everything steel, minus the extractor.

Bumping up since I had a lot done with the LCP Max…

Ruger sent two new 12 rounders. Had the long springs. So I have the 12 rounders with short springs in the spare parts bin. If Magguts ever does a kit… I’ll convert them.

Did MCARBO parts. Trigger really cleaned up. But just got the gun back from CCR. Had mostly everything done in CPII… since I sweat battery acid. Very happy with the final product. Need to hit the range to confirm zero, and get it in the rotation.

User Tag List