Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Max

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    It’s raining biblically here, so I decided to pocket carry for better access to the gun. And once again, I found the revolver too large for comfortable pocket carry. As well, it prints badly.

The LCP is the only gun I own that works well in a pocket. I have never had a magazine release issue, and am having a hard time seeing how that could happen, assuming the mag was properly seated.

What kind of pants are you using?

Even on Old Navy Boot Cut (hey they fit!) I can pocket carry an 856. Not exactly hidden or fun but it’s not a massive inconvenience. An even lighter, smaller revolver would be no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

Even on Old Navy Boot Cut (hey they fit!) I can pocket carry an 856. Not exactly hidden or fun but it’s not a massive inconvenience. An even lighter, smaller revolver would be no issue.
    Various cargo pants. It’s not that I can’t conceal the LCR. I can. It’s just bulky and thick in comparison to an LCP.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Various cargo pants. It’s not that I can’t conceal the LCR. I can. It’s just bulky and thick in comparison to an LCP.
    ^ this. I have the same issue. I typically wear relaxed fit jeans. Slightly looser than form fitting. Occasionally cargo pants and aside from disliking anything bulky in the front pockets I find even the LCP in a holster is rather bulky. But with a revolver I feel like I'm trying to conceal a brick or a can of beer.

The best way I can describe it is take a can of beer put it in your front pocket a go about your day!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I wear loose, but not baggy jeans. I’m no strong man, but with all my squatting and deadlifting (+ Mexican food) there is now way I’m going to be comfortable in pants that are even sorta tight.

Never had an issue with an LCP, even at my wedding.

Was at the range today with my LCP and LCPMax to get some rounds through them and to make sure my carry ammo fed reliably.

The sun was quartering over my right shoulder and I noticed that apparently the white ring and tritium capsule are set deep enough into the front sight that a shadow was cast over the right third of the insert, apparently by the edge of the sight itself.

Has anyone else noticed this occurring?

Not a big deal in dim light, or for close range defensive work, but I was trying to see exactly where my carry rounds hit at 10, 15 and 25 and it was distracting.

I noticed that neither the new LCP or the LCPMax shot as well as my old LCP. Unfortunately, that one burnt up in my camper.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

I got my LCP MAX back in early July ($336 total--small review on PAGE 9 here). I was at 127rds then; now I'm at 320rds.

Since then I installed the Galloway Trigger and like it a lot--it gives you a little more room for your finger to get in the trigger guard and just feels better. Not any lighter, but a bit less pretravel and overtravel, and smoother (though that could be the grease and lube I put in there). You hit a HARD wall, then it's like 6.5lbs--it feels more like 8lbs--to break through (on an empty chamber, you get a nice little spring "ping" sound that's evidently a C-note, but I haven't tested it with a guitar tuner attached yet).

I was a big fan of the G42 (just not the capacity). For shootability and accuracy, the G42 is still king. But the MAX only seems to have about 15% more recoil--still VERY easy to control and hold flat with a good grip. The sights are good, but made for fast and up close stuff, compared to Defoors, which made 25Y with the G42 super doable.

I MAY try the Galloway Precision stronger recoil spring to see if that changes how it feels.

NOTE: I carry XTP but also mix in a bunch of 95gr FMJ (which I know is unpopular, but I really prefer penetration of a minimum of >16" instead of 12").

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
    I got my LCP MAX back in early July ($336 total--small review on PAGE 9 here). I was at 127rds then; now I'm at 320rds.

Since then I installed the Galloway Trigger and like it a lot--it gives you a little more room for your finger to get in the trigger guard and just feels better. Not any lighter, but a bit less pretravel and overtravel, and smoother (though that could be the grease and lube I put in there). You hit a HARD wall, then it's like 6.5lbs--it feels more like 8lbs--to break through (on an empty chamber, you get a nice little spring "ping" sound that's evidently a C-note, but I haven't tested it with a guitar tuner attached yet).

I was a big fan of the G42 (just not the capacity). For shootability and accuracy, the G42 is still king. But the MAX only seems to have about 15% more recoil--still VERY easy to control and hold flat with a good grip. The sights are good, but made for fast and up close stuff, compared to Defoors, which made 25Y with the G42 super doable.

I MAY try the Galloway Precision stronger recoil spring to see if that changes how it feels.

NOTE: I carry XTP but also mix in a bunch of 95gr FMJ (which I know is unpopular, but I really prefer penetration of a minimum of >16" instead of 12").
    My experience 100% concurs with this both with the Galloway trigger shoe (goodby index finger blisters), and the ~15% harder to shoot than a G42, but worth it.

Am I the only one that carries a LCP max in appendix instead of a pocket?

I have a minimalist holster that I use in the appendix position when I’m out jogging or chasing my daughter around in the yard. Super lightweight and can attach to shorts or sweats. I use the 12 rd mag and don’t notice the weight difference.

It’s not my EDC gun but like I said, great when wearing athletic shorts.

Just wish the finish was better.

Hammertime
    My max is starting to have difficulty returning to battery. 1700 rounds of dirt on it. I did oil it after last session and that did not help.

Name:  C880FD2C-2F1C-4E20-9548-63AFCB9967AB.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  42.1 KB

I swapped in new recoil springs to see if I can make it to 2000 rounds before cleaning, but I am not optimistic.

Name:  8E5E8CC3-0A90-4FB1-8BBB-7E2A52A992AB.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  101.3 KB

The inner spring shrunk considerably but not so much the outer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Am I the only one that carries a LCP max in appendix instead of a pocket?

I have a minimalist holster that I use in the appendix position when I’m out jogging or chasing my daughter around in the yard. Super lightweight and can attach to shorts or sweats. I use the 12 rd mag and don’t notice the weight difference.

It’s not my EDC gun but like I said, great when wearing athletic shorts.

Just wish the finish was better.
    You are not alone. I’ve been looking for a LCP Max holster with DCC clips and haven’t really turned up much.

User Tag List