Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Max

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    What's the weight on one of these critters loaded with 10+1? Just trying to get an apples-to-apples comparison with my current pocket gun.

Thanks!
    This is what I came up with on my postal scale:

S&W 442 w/ Crimson Trace boot grips / 5 rounds of Speer 135gr. Gold Dot 17 oz.

Glock 43 w/ flush magazine / 7 rounds of Federal 147gr HST 21.6 oz.

Sig P365 w/ pinky extension magazine / 11 rounds of Federal 147gr HST 23.8 oz.

Ruger LCPII w/ flush magazine / 7 rounds of Double Tap 95gr JHP 13.1 oz.

Ruger LCP-MAX w/ flush magazine / 11 rounds of CCI 95gr. FMJ 14.6 oz.

Ruger sets a new standard:

https://www.police1.com/police-produ...AfxmnATEm1BqJ/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 05-18-2022 at 11:31 PM.

I saw Rhett Neumayer of Demonstrated Concepts point out that when he shot the LCP MAX one handed, the magazine would fall out (and he never made it through a whole mag without it happening).

Today, I found that the same thing happened to me if I shoot one-handed, BUT I also had to hold the gun a bit looser than normal. I'm sure he's holding it tightly but his is still dropping mags.

Can anyone else duplicate this? Any ideas on what's happening to cause this?

Did he shoot it left hand only? That would isolate an ergonomic problem.

I’ve had my LCP MAX since last Summer and it’s become my primary carry, either in my pocket with a DeSantis Nemesis holster, a Targa IWB holster for a G42 or kydex OWB holster. I moved over from a S&W 442. I found I shot them both very well, but opted for the Max of the 442, because of weight, capacity and concealibilty. So far, it has had 300 flawless rounds through it, using a variety of FMJ. and Legend 80gr CU JHPs. My only complaint so far is the same one that Doc Glock had about the trigger finger pad being pinched during recoil and I think he solved that. Looks like I will be replacing the trigger, now. 🙂

XS Big Dots now available.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ngfield-ruger/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Hammertime
    I have forgotten to update:

I got the max up just over 2000 rounds. I don’t clean it. I carry it in the pocket constantly. It has not failed to go bang in the past 300 rounds since swapping the recoil spring.

I’m convinced and it is my primary pocket carry.

Just change the recoil spring every 1500 rounds or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    LCP MAX loaded with 10+1 = 14.1 oz

It's lighter than a loaded 340PD(14.4), LCR 22(15.7), LCR 38(16.2), Glock 42(16.3) and 44, and way lighter than a 642(17.1), Kahr PM9(19.5) or LCR 9mm(19.0) and way way lighter than a G43(21.8) or G26(27.3).

It's light.

The only loaded guns I have found lighter are the NAA mini revolver (8.0oz), LCP 22(12.0), LCP 380(12.2), SW 43C(12.4), and Beretta Bobcat (13.9). And none of them hold 10+1 rounds.
    This Ruger is pretty tempting as a replacement to my J-Frame for pocket carry. My M442 with a Titanium cylinder and Crimson Trace LG-405 laser grips weighs 14.5 oz loaded with Hornady 110gr +P ammo.

An LCP Max with a LaserMax laser would weight 14.6 oz loaded. That would make the LCP Max/LaserMax combo just 0.1 oz heavier but with six more shots, albeit of .380 instead of .38 SPCL +P.

I prefer the Crimson Trace laser activation of just gripping the gun vice the LaserMax index finger switch. Still, it is very tempting.

Doc's sticky on BUG's: .380 ACP vs. .38 Sp (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....0-ACP-vs-38-Sp) is almost 10 years old now. I wonder if the difference in ammo development since then has tipped the scales from a 5-shot J-Frame toward a high-capacity .380?

Got another MAX today and unfortunately it will be going back to Ruger.

Cleaned, lube, inspected, and used multiple mags, and yet the first round refuses to go into battery unless you give the rear of the slide a good smack. Usually works fine for the rest of the mag but I’m not very happy with it.

My LCP 2 continues to work amazingly well as does my other MAX.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Got another MAX today and unfortunately it will be going back to Ruger.

Cleaned, lube, inspected, and used multiple mags, and yet the first round refuses to go into battery unless you give the rear of the slide a good smack. Usually works fine for the rest of the mag but I’m not very happy with it.

My LCP 2 continues to work amazingly well as does my other MAX.
    My two original issue LCP's did that. I replaced the recoil spring with a heavier one as I shoot Buffalo Bore so called +p ammo in them. Heavier springs resolved the issue and made the little pistols more pleasant to shoot. I think Ruger uses a lighter spring for ease of retracting the slide.

User Tag List