Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Max

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    It may have been discussed previously but a quick perusal of other forums and social media posts shows some chatter about these things shooting very low with the factory sights. One claim was about 8" @ 15yds.

Is the group seeing something similar or should I just write that off as most people being unable to diagnose their marksmanship past conversation distance?
    I have thought this at times. But it was definitely me, not the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    It may have been discussed previously but a quick perusal of other forums and social media posts shows some chatter about these things shooting very low with the factory sights. One claim was about 8" @ 15yds.

Is the group seeing something similar or should I just write that off as most people being unable to diagnose their marksmanship past conversation distance?
    I shot my dad's and POI was at the front sight dot, not the top of the front sight. I originally chalked it up to a flinch, but even after realizing no, this micro 380 is a good one and won't hurt you it still shot there.

Not my preference, but not a dealbreaker for a pocket gun IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    I shot my dad's and POI was at the front sight dot, not the top of the front sight. I originally chalked it up to a flinch, but even after realizing no, this micro 380 is a good one and won't hurt you it still shot there.

Not my preference, but not a dealbreaker for a pocket gun IMO.
    Mine is also “drive the dot”. Quite a precise little gun.

Site Supporter
    Just got one yesterday, super impressed with the fit and finish especially knowing it's real similar to a keltec (or exact copy, I can't remember).

Got 300 rounds of 90 grain ball coming it to test some functionality and that's probably what I'll carry in it for now. Also a vedder light tuck aiwb holster coming in. The ruger pocket holster it came with seemed nice at first but keeps coming out with the gun so may need an upgrade there because it'll fit in my jackets great for the occasional pocket carry.

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    Anyone have a decent AIWB holster for these? Preferably one with a DCC clip, or something like the DSG metal clip.
    Harry's Holsters is releasing this new one called The Duke and the LCP Max is one of the models that this one is being designed for. https://harrysholsters.com/product/dirk/

I emailed them about it and Harrison said "We haven't launched it yet. Still waiting on some of the marketing material so that's why it isn't in the menus or easily accessible."

Think I will order one as soon as I get my LCP Max which will be in the next week or so. I already have a Boraii pocket holster ordered for it and it should arrive today.

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    You are not alone. I’ve been looking for a LCP Max holster with DCC clips and haven’t really turned up much.
    See my post #257 for a holster that should do the trick.

Site Supporter
    Snuck out between errands and the rain to run 50 rounds through this, I shoot it WAY better than the LCR and I actually kind of like the trigger. Has me interested in a full size Ruger actually but we'll see.

Here are my first 5 rounds with some PMC brass 90 Grain FMJ, I adjusted the 5th shot higher and I wish I didn't.
    Name:  PXL_20220319_182656922.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  70.3 KB

It shoots to the dot and 10 and under, but WAY LOW at 25 it seems, like over a foot. Not really the purpose of the gun but if someone finds a better height front sight I'd be interested.

I've 250 more rounds of Lawman 95 Grain FMJ to test it with and that's probably what I'll carry in it for now. The Vedder Light Tuck is very nice and also got a galco pocket holster which is tight and being broken in. Still very impressed with the capacity and how much better I shoot it than the LCR. The LCR either going to get sold or be a snake only gun, I'm not sure which.

While I posted about the new Dirk from Harrys Holsters for the Max, I decided to try this Compact IWB from Pyntek for it and ordered the Dirk for my Glock 42. If I really prefer one holster over the other, then I will return it and get the one I like best for the other pistol.

I plan to head to the range this weekend with both to compare them and to see how the 75 Grain LFB from Carbon City that I got a few weeks ago runs through the Max as my Glock 42 did not like it. The G42 is not broken in but I had quite a few failures with the Carbon City ammo yet the 90 grain Federal ran fine.

I'll post my results this weekend.

Hammertime
    My Max hits drive the dot at 3-5yards and transitions to top of front sight around 10
    yards.

100 more trouble free rounds today.

Name:  9045564B-256C-4AE5-8F60-5EDA142F5523.jpg
Views: 1218
Size:  37.4 KB

FYI. Just bought a new MAX last week. Took it to the range Friday. Does not always fully return to battery when fired. Sometimes you can firmly push on the slide to get it to close, sometimes you have to smack it. When you ease the slide down on a chambered round it never completely returns to battery without a push. Called customer service this morning. They acknowledged that a small few have this problem and asked me to send it in.

User Tag List