Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Children of the 80’s will appreciate this

Children of the 80’s will appreciate this

I grew frustrated with the toys my 8yr old son had, so off to eBay I went. The green toy tank was made in 1982, in Rhode Island!

Name:  266B6C11-30C7-4CC0-8C3F-6613623CB7A5.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  100.9 KB
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I grew frustrated with the toys my 8yr old son had, so off to eBay I went. The green toy tank was made in 1982, in Rhode Island!

Name:  266B6C11-30C7-4CC0-8C3F-6613623CB7A5.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  100.9 KB
    Oh man, I had that tank. It saw some things. At some point it lost the tracks but it still kept fighting the Soviets.

M551?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    That's about the right age for a slot car track. I got a setup off Ebay for my god son a few years ago.

And how much does an old RC10 bring these days?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I kept my GI Joe’s. I gave them the Jeep’s early on. They loved pushing them around but sadly the plastic had grown brittle over the 30 years and the toys fell apart. I plan on putting the lions share on eBay.

That tank (the MOBAT) sits on top one of my gun safes.

We also have that same bootlegged Hobbs plushy as both by boys LOVE Calvin&Hobbs!

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    M551?
    Yep, basically a Sheridan. The GI Joe Helicopter Gunship was a Cobra with a funky NOTAR system and the fighter jet was a F-14.

Good times!

Do I spy a COBRA HISS in there? The only GI Joe vehicle I have left is some kind of MLRS. My grandson played with it some then he found YouTube, video games and YouTube about video games so most of his toys just sit now.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Yep, basically a Sheridan. The GI Joe Helicopter Gunship was a Cobra with a funky NOTAR system and the fighter jet was a F-14.

Good times!
    Don’t forget the tilt wing A-10!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Sadly, my childhood predilection for taking things apart meant most of my toys didn't survive childhood.

And that's just for the toys I remembered to bring inside after playing with them outside. Our dogs chewed up anything left.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    And how much does an old RC10 bring these days?
    Oohh oohh oohh, I had an RC10!

They re-released it a few years ago, but by the time I found out, they had sold out.

Chris

I got the HISS tank and Striker brand new manufactured from a more recent run, a few years ago I think.
    #RESIST

User Tag List