Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new mag pouch

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I'm pretty sure you'd have to get an IWB mag pouch to find one that hold's the mag tighter to the body than the Kytex.
    .... and I've still not found an IWB pouch that is comfortable, esp if you are also wearing a pistol IWB. I simply can't do it.

Kytex Shooting Gear FTW.

This site costs me money. I had never heard of the kytel pouches, and am now shopping for them, of course. I thought I would ask, so they don't automatically end up in my used/useless gear box:

How do the kytex pouches work with different belts?

Specifically, I usually run either a Ares Gear Ranger belt, 1.5", or a Beltman belt, also 1.5".

Are the pouches stable on these belts, or do they move around?

Quote Originally Posted by t101 View Post
    This site costs me money. I had never heard of the kytel pouches, and am now shopping for them, of course. I thought I would ask, so they don't automatically end up in my used/useless gear box:

Specifically, I usually run either a Ares Gear Ranger belt, 1.5", or a Beltman belt, also 1.5".

As long as your 1.5 belt is on the thicker side you won't have trouble.
    Thin non-gun specific belts will allow some sliding.

One quick trick to minimize sliding is to use a small piece of hook velcro tape on the back of the mag pouch clip. The hook will grab your pants fabric and keep the pouch from sliding. You can buy a small package of hook and loop velcro tape at walmart for a few bucks. It works great for this application.

Quote Originally Posted by TAP View Post
    One quick trick to minimize sliding is to use a small piece of hook velcro tape on the back of the mag pouch clip. The hook will grab your pants fabric and keep the pouch from sliding. You can buy a small package of hook and loop velcro tape at walmart for a few bucks. It works great for this application.
    great idea!!!!!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by t101 View Post

I have never found a Kytex Shooting Gear pouch to move on me unintentionally. I have used the following belts with success;

Wilderness
    Atlas Gear
    The Beltman
    TT Gunleather

Damn all of you and your Kytex talk! You made me order a couple last night.

I figured "Heck, I can get two for the price of one Fricke HMC so I might as well try them out."
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I have never found a Kytex Shooting Gear pouch to move on me unintentionally. I have used the following belts with success;

Wilderness
    Atlas Gear
    The Beltman
    TT Gunleather

Thanks! Any thanks to EMC for the direct reply as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I'm pretty sure you'd have to get an IWB mag pouch to find one that hold's the mag tighter to the body than the Kytex.
    Nothing against Kytex, they make great stuff, but I think the pancake design will hold tighter OWB.

Before anyone screams "bias!" I'll list the Glock magazine pouch or any of the leather pancakes as an example. Just by design, pancake forces it into the body whereas the Kytex just hands in front of the belt - which is on of the reasons people find that type of design more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S. View Post
    Nothing against Kytex, they make great stuff, but I think the pancake design will hold tighter OWB.

Before anyone screams "bias!" I'll list the Glock magazine pouch or any of the leather pancakes as an example. Just by design, pancake forces it into the body whereas the Kytex just hands in front of the belt - which is on of the reasons people find that type of design more comfortable.
    I don't like the pancake design because it is a bulkier and less comfortable then it needs to be. I have not had any experience with your mag pouches but my Raven Concealment pouches did not snug or conceal the mag any closer or better then my CCC mag carriers. It may just be me though.

User Tag List